mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Cannondale Rush Crank Replacement ??

I just bought a used alloy Cannondale Rush and the right crank arm pedal threads are stripped out (which resulted in my getting a good deal on the bike).
    Not sure what year it is but the components are somewhat low-end and it's a stealth black color if that helps any...
    It currently has a FSA Alpha Drive (ISIS BB) which seems a bit low-end so I'm not sure it's a good idea to simply replace the arm.

Any suggestions for an upgrade/replacement (preferably w/o replacing the BB but...)

I'm new to the MTB scene but I've been riding C-dale on the road side for some time (currently riding a System6 & a Slice)

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Okay, assuming that I replace the BB, can anyone tell me the 'spindle width' I should be looking for?
    It's a Rush 600 if that makes any difference.
    The manual just states - 68mm, English /SI Hollowgram

I'm thinking that this one http://www.treefortbikes.com/cat/0/2...222364321___93 may work ?

I'm open to other recommendations - I just want to get something ordered & installed so I can go out and ride!

No good in rock gardens..
    The crankset you've linked to looks to be an external bearing crankset - not a splined one. If that's the case then it won't work with your existing bottom bracket. It looks as though it's supplied with the cups and bearings on it. If that is the case, then you'd remove your old bottom bracket and install these and the cups and bearings as a complete replacement package.

Here's is FSA's page or these cranks:

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.as...=533&taxid=298

On that page it says they come with a "steel Mega Exo bearing" so it looks like you get the cranks and the cups and bearings as a package. Those ones will fit your 68mm shell.

I think you'll like your Rush - I love mine.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Nik, that crankset would work, but the best deal going right now is the closeout LX hollowtech crankset at Jenson. I just put one on my Rush 600 when I had to replace teh original ISIS bottom bracket. 85 dollars for crank and external BB was tough to beat.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Crankset.aspx

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks guys.
    I just ordered the Shimano Deore LX cranks and some pedals from Jenson - great find!

No good in rock gardens..
    That is a very sweet deal!
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....