...a wiggle theres a way

Cannondale Rush 4 vs Rush 3

hi everyone
    I went and test rode both of these bikes today. I noticed that the carbon (3c)is very light has the (dis)-(ad)vantage of tubeless wheels, has a better rim and slightly better components than the 4, but still utilizes the same hubs.
    So my questions are

A) is it worth the extra 600 dollars for the carbon?
    B) any known issues with the carbon frames (i did notice on my 45minute test ride that it squeaked almost squealed when i torqued down on the pedals going up a loose dirt hill)
    C) is the FSA crank better than the sram?

any other insights that you folks can provide would be awesome

thanking you all in advance

joe

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Go with something other than a lefty. When I rode this bike (carbon) I felt as though I was going over the handlebar when I slammed the front brake, which is bad braking but you must do at times. Tell me it's my riding style but I've never felt like this on any other bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    i have a rush 4, it climbs like a sherpa, and is an awesome bike for every type of riding i've ever done. can't speak for the carbon, but since i dont make a living racing bikes, i kind of favor a durable frame i know i can always count on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have a 2006 Rush 1000 that I recenly upgraded to a 2008 carbon frame. I am very happy with my decision. THe bike is very rigid where it needs to be and it it quiet. I just checked the componnat spec and I was surprised to see the 08 Rush 3 & 4 so close. However,
    Tubeless wheels are a wothy upgrade in my opinion. The carbon is worth the upgrade as well. $600? That is up to you,

Bryan

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have always regretted my purchase of a Lefty bike and all the "proprietary" tra$h that goes along with it. I would try to go with something that uses components that you can buy without being locked in to Cannondale.