Weekend Warrior
    Jul 2008

Cannondale road bike ID?

So I realize that this is MTBr and not Rbr, but any help I can get would be great! If you're really that miffed with a road bike post, just ignore it.

I'm trying to ID the following frame/bike.

It is obviously a CAAD7 (as noted on the downtube), but the Cannondale Archives are of no help. I can't seem to put together this color scheme with a model year anywhere.

Nothing really seems to add up here. The CAAD7 should be the R1000. The 2005 color scheme is close, but still different. What really is throwing me off here is the Si stuff. It never came factory on the R1000 that I can see. I don't think they started using it until 2006 (stock in '07), and by then the frame was CAAD8.

If you have any clue what this thing could be, please let me know. I'm also sending an email off to the seller.

Also, what would you be willing to pay it, knowing the details? It appears to be mostly Dura-Ace, with Zipp 303 wheelset.
    Last edited by JaySC; 03-29-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    "Single speed is the new black. Wait, black is the old black... Actually, single speed really isn't new at all."
    -HP

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySC
    So I realize that this is MTBr and Rbr, but any help I can get would be great! If you're really that miffed with a road bike post, just ignore it.

I'm trying to ID the following frame/bike.

It is obviously a CAAD7 (as noted on the downtube), but the Cannondale Archives are of no help. I can't seem to put together this color scheme with a model year anywhere.

Nothing really seems to add up here. The CAAD7 should be the R1000. The 2005 color scheme is close, but still different. What really is throwing me off here is the Si stuff. It never came factory on the R1000 that I can see. I don't think they started using it until 2006 (stock in '07), and by then the frame was CAAD8.

If you have any clue what this thing could be, please let me know. I'm also sending an email off to the seller.

Also, what would you be willing to pay it, knowing the details? It appears to be mostly Dura-Ace, with Zipp 303 wheelset.
    This is actually the frame from the 2003 R5000. Stock was drop bars, Dura Ace and Ksyrium SL wheels.

Browse this catalog to see it and it's original specs http://sanaandterry.com/cannondale/year/2003/2003.pdf

Not sure what I would offer for this build without seeing the actual part list

Weekend Warrior
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md
    This is actually the frame from the 2003 R5000. Stock was drop bars, Dura Ace and Ksyrium SL wheels.

Browse this catalog to see it and it's original specs http://sanaandterry.com/cannondale/year/2003/2003.pdf

Not sure what I would offer for this build without seeing the actual part list
    Thanks so much! Spot on! Still waiting to hear back for parts list.

EDIT: It appears to be stock with the exception of the wheels, saddle, and bars/shifters. I'm thinking maybe $1000 starting offer? Even that seems high, but it looks like its been babied and does have a few nice extras onboard.
    "Single speed is the new black. Wait, black is the old black... Actually, single speed really isn't new at all."
    -HP