mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Cannondale paint

Im on like my 6th super v frame and the paint is starting to bubble. I have had quite a few super v;'s and when I built this one up I knew there was a problem with the piant by the water bottle bosses,so everytime i rode I would take extra water to wash the bike off as soon as i finished riding and I would wassh frame off with soap as soon as I got home.Well it's starting to bubble not only by the water botle bosses but other places in the middle of nowhere.I emailed C-dale and they said it was probably from salt,or water .No s!!t.I guess your not supposed to sweat on the bike.They told me theres nothing they could do for me,I responded it's the last C-dale I will buy.There paint sucks and they don't want to admit it.This frame was brand new and taken care of like it was a child.Anybody else have the same problem?

Like catnip for people
    Hence the reason why I buy my cannondales in raw form Maybe there is more to their decision to push the raw finish... Maybe it saves them money... Not having to dip the aluminium... I'm no al expert, but I've heard this quite often... I don't know why it occurs, but I know it has something to do with Cannondales quality control. It will only bubble if the frame hasn't been treated with (insert whatever process applies, which I cannot recall) prior to it being painted...

If I was you I'd seriously give them grief over it... I don't think it's acceptable... But then again paint is only covered for 1 year isn't it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The paint around the lower seatstays of my Cannondale road bike has also bubbled. This despite having covered only 500miles on the bike with it in storage the rest of the time. I was going to contact Cannondale Europe, but looks like I will be wasting my time.
    This isn't what I expect from a premium bike manufacturer.

mtbr member
    A small part of my Judge swing arm is missing paint; the price we pay for not having used machines?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Is there such a thing as lifetime warranty for these frames???