Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cannondale M400 CAD2 - looking for front shock fork

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  2ndBikeCrisis 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, new to this forum and to Cannondale. I recently bought a mint condition M400 CAD2 20" frame MTB. I'm new to mountain biking and have ridden local trails (beginner) for the last couple of weeks. I really would like to add a suspension to the front fork and have been looking at the SR Suntour SCM forks and the Rock Shock forks also.
My question is what do I need to buy and replace in order to swap out the front forks???
My bike uses the standard Cannondale 1 1/8" threadless headset.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks ron:thumbsup:

Added: My M400 is a 96' model, my riding is mostly easy trails and gravel roads and fire roads, Im 6'1" and weigh 245#.;)

#4 ·
Reviving an old thread: Am going in the opposite direction and wondering if: 1) the rigid fork from the M400 would be a good replacement for the shock fork of of the Cannonadale Delta V700 and; 2) if you were interested in selling the old fork? Geometry of the two bikes looks similar, and other than a quick glance, still have yet to examine the technical feasibility. Anybody have some advice/hints?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.