mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Cannondale Lefty M...any info out there?

I mistakenly bought one of these. Pretty cheap though, so i'm not too down on it. It's coil sprung, not too heavy, and has around 4" of travel. When were these made? Feels smooth enough, but wondering if there is ANY adjustment, particularly with rebound, as the thing springs back rather violently after using more than half the travel. Can these be upgraded at all?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipolini2b
    I mistakenly bought one of these. Pretty cheap though, so i'm not too down on it. It's coil sprung, not too heavy, and has around 4" of travel. When were these made? Feels smooth enough, but wondering if there is ANY adjustment, particularly with rebound, as the thing springs back rather violently after using more than half the travel. Can these be upgraded at all?
    Though it feels strange to say so, I've never laid hands on one of those. Rebound should be controllable though, I'm guessing it lost damping through sitting around. Get a knowledgeable shop to look at it for you, or seek out one of the various on line service centers if you don't have a good Cannondale dealer near by.

My recollection was that they are very basic, and, being old, there's little chance you can find damper parts beyond seals and such. Definitely no upgrades were made for them.

Good luck!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Mendon is right on. I have one on my son's small Jekyll. It originally came on my 2000 Jekyll 700SX. They have a rebound bolt in the bottom of the leg which is I believe 6mm. The only other adjustments that can be made are spring rates, but I doubt you would ever be able to find one. I love that fork. It has been on use for 10 years and has never failed just had regular service at the shop. Good luck.