Out riding my Scalpel

No good Cannondale Jekyll 600 vs. GT 1.0 i-Drive

I just got done reading the article of the MBA shootout and GT beatout the Canny 600 Jekyll. MBA states the 600 can be an awesome trialbike if the it outfitted with a stable platform shock(like the Jekyll 1000 we raved about in the July issue). That's how MBA put it. I'm glad I own a Cannondale Jekyll 1000. I use thinking of getting the Jekyll 600 for my lady. What do you all think? I'm a die-hard Cannondale guy. Love their MTN bikes. For road bikes I still like Specialized and Giant.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    I just got done reading the article of the MBA shootout and GT beatout the Canny 600 Jekyll. MBA states the 600 can be an awesome trialbike if the it outfitted with a stable platform shock(like the Jekyll 1000 we raved about in the July issue). That's how MBA put it. I'm glad I own a Cannondale Jekyll 1000. I use thinking of getting the Jekyll 600 for my lady. What do you all think? I'm a die-hard Cannondale guy. Love their MTN bikes. For road bikes I still like Specialized and Giant.
    The 600 is a nice bike. I have a swinger on my Jekyll 1000 and find that I almost prefer a shock that is active all the time. The bob at my weight isn't so bad and I like the plush ride that you get. The Lefty is still the best fork out there.

ಠ_ಠ

Stable Platform

Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    The 600 comes with a Fox ProPedal. Does that not count as a stable platform? I wish I had that article.

I had my Fox Float upgraded by Push and it's really helped the efficiency problem of pedal bob. The shock is completely still when I climb now. It's a harsher ride, but I'm so much faster up hill.