Thread: Cannondale Hubs

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Cannondale Hubs

Hello, I'm from Quebec(still in canada) and I bought a Cannondale F2000 SL 2005 with the Headshock fork. In specs, the hubs of the bike are Cannondale Wind Ti w/CenterLock. I once heard those hubs were made by another company but I don't know what this company is and I'm not sure if it was true. Does someone here can tell me, where those hubs come from, from what company, what is their weight or is the story true?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Wind Disc Ti hubs

I know it has been discussed before on here. Try searching.

All I can tell you is that I have gone through two sets of bearings and am picking up my bike tomorrow as this time C'dale have given me a brand new hub. Unfortunetely it is another WInd Disc Titanium.

That makes three hubs destroyed in less than a year!

Do yourself a favour, replace it ASAP.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sacre-coeur
    Hello, I'm from Quebec(still in canada) and I bought a Cannondale F2000 SL 2005 with the Headshock fork. In specs, the hubs of the bike are Cannondale Wind Ti w/CenterLock. I once heard those hubs were made by another company but I don't know what this company is and I'm not sure if it was true. Does someone here can tell me, where those hubs come from, from what company, what is their weight or is the story true?
    They are made by Formula and they are complete crap. All 2006 models are now back to Shimano (low end) and DT Swiss.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Fairly new at this chat and biking experience. Bought an F2000 used from small bike shop and dont know how to dismount front wheel easily.

Can you help me out?

Best regards

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If your bike has a lefty fork then you need to remove one caliper bolt, loosen the other, and swing caliper away from disk brake rotor so you can pull wheel off its axle.

Members who have read this thread: 0