Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    May 2015
    My Carbon 2 weighs 12.4 kg with Pedals. Would I'm like to get down to 11.5 ☺️.
    I'm. Surrounded by 29 XC bikers all the time...

Skickat frĺn min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Wondering on changing the rear disk to 180mm cant find the right adaptor .. what kind of adaptor is that .. did anyone did this change ?? Thanks

Enviado do meu SHIELD Tablet K1 através de Tapatalk
    Sai da cama e vem para a lama !!!!!

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Cannondale does some stupid mount design that's proprietary. Not sure if it's a great idea but just using a 20mm post mount adapter would "work" but not sure if it would be strong enough. Best bet would be to contact a Cannondale dealer to see if they make a 180mm version adapter for the rear.

I thought about it myself, but I can already lock the back tire and am considering better brakes so 180 is going to be too much in the rear at that point for me.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for ITUO and Ravemen:
    www.rakcindustries.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicreducer View Post
    Wondering on changing the rear disk to 180mm cant find the right adaptor .. what kind of adaptor is that .. did anyone did this change ?? Thanks

Not 100% shure but isn't this the part you need?!

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content...06%5D=1;page=2

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grynning View Post

Nice find, can't find any of that stuff here in the US easily. That's exactly what we all would need to go 180 on the rear!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

www.rakcindustries.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grynning View Post

Yes , exactly . I ha already found it. But thanks . Going to order it .. just thinking Wich disk xtr or XT .. xtr are very expensive still trying to understand if it's worth it .

But thank you very much

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Unless your being a weight weenie or after the "being factor" there is 0 reason to go XTR unless going XTR race which has a different lever feel.

If you want powerful brakes just get shimano zee. Right in the middle on cost, more power and smoother modulation compared to XT.

www.rakcindustries.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    Unless your being a weight weenie or after the "being factor" there is 0 reason to go XTR unless going XTR race which has a different lever feel.

If you want powerful brakes just get shimano zee. Right in the middle on cost, more power and smoother modulation compared to XT.

Xtr has in the super fin discs for saint and xtr .. the brakes I want to keep the same

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The only people that really spend money on those rotors are people that ride downhill and such that are exceptionally hard on the brakes. Standard shimano XT ice tech rotors are enough for 99% of riders.

www.rakcindustries.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    The only people that really spend money on those rotors are people that ride downhill and such that are exceptionally hard on the brakes. Standard shimano XT ice tech rotors are enough for 99% of riders.

Thanks I will go XT then it's also more affordable and .. makes much more sense

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    I just ordered slx m7000 and XT ice tech rotors myself. I'm going to give them a shot as I need more power in the front mainly I just realized. Plus bike has me riding more challenging and fun stuff. But difference between slx and XT for performance (excluding rotors, XT ice tech is always better) is the same. Saved $30 which paid for my new anodized orange seat post clamp.

If i somehow don't feel those are enough I'll put them on my fat bike when I can afford a set of Zees.

www.rakcindustries.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    There has been a lot of discussion about pivot bearings on the habit
    heres a shot of my habit's suspension pivot bearing. I have had the bike serviced and the bearings checked, tightened to correct torque and loctite glued. in the 5 months of ownership. Thank god only one failed. now getting all bearings replaced with Enduro bearings by cannondale dealer Name:  IMG_4195.JPG
Views: 834
Size:  39.7 KB

go and get yours swapped out for stonger ones before something happens

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Really should get mine changed. Fun timez.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by habithead View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion about pivot bearings on the habit
    heres a shot of my habit's suspension pivot bearing. I have had the bike serviced and the bearings checked, tightened to correct torque and loctite glued. in the 5 months of ownership. Thank god only one failed. now getting all bearings replaced with Enduro bearings by cannondale dealer Name:  IMG_4195.JPG
Views: 834
Size:  39.7 KB

go and get yours swapped out for stonger ones before something happens
    Just happened to me too...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hey guys,

Anyone had issues with a slow air leak from the fork? Last checked it about 2 months ago, went to ride today and was at 50psi in the lefty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I have finally decided to change main pivot bearings on my carbon frame and to my big surprise they were also in size 6802-2RS So it seems that all the suspension bearings are the same. However the kits Cannondale sells, propose different size for the main pivot bearings Bearing Kit PIVOT, HABIT
    Cannondale Habit-img_9934.jpg

Also very disappointed with Enduro bearings, seems their reliability is no better or worse if compared to the ones Cannondale supplies with the bike!
    Cannondale Habit-img_9937.jpg
    Last edited by Aleksandrik; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandrik View Post
    I have finally decided to change main pivot bearings on my carbon frame and to my big surprise they were also in size 6802-2RS So it seems that all the suspension bearings are the same. However the kits Cannondale sells, propose different size for the main pivot bearings Bearing Kit PIVOT, HABIT
    Attachment 1144445

Also very disappointed with Enduro bearings, seems their reliability is no better or worse if compared to the ones Cannondale supplies with the bike!
    Attachment 1144447
    I replaced the suspension bearings on my bad habit (same bearings as habit) with Enduro bearings. Creaks have not returned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hello,
    I am building my Habit Carbon and am looking for some help on routing the Reverb dropper post lines. Can someone please share a detailed picture of how the line routes from the dropper post down the inside of the rame, then where does it come out? And finally how does it route to the handle bars???

Appreciate your support

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenseslao View Post
    Hello,
    I am building my Habit Carbon and am looking for some help on routing the Reverb dropper post lines. Can someone please share a detailed picture of how the line routes from the dropper post down the inside of the rame, then where does it come out? And finally how does it route to the handle bars???

Appreciate your support
    Mine comes out in the left side

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicreducer View Post
    Hello,

Appreciate your support
    Mine comes out in the left side

I believe some here shared something similar previously in this thread:

My dropper post routing keeps destroying the cable entry plug!
    Attachment 1115881

Anyone with the same issue? Any recommendations on how to avoid this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish76 View Post

Haven't read the latest posts, but here is a picture of where my internal cable from the dropper post is.

Skickat frĺn min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
    I'm planning to get a Habit as well within the next couple of months, so I am curious as well with regards to routing the dropper cable to the left - would the fork bumper damage the entry plug like in the case of Aleksandrik?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Good pictures. Thanks. How about from the seat post tube? Does the cable come from the post internally down to the bottom pedal cage? Or how where does the cable turn from seat tube to down tube?
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4eva View Post
    I'm planning to get a Habit as well within the next couple of months, so I am curious as well with regards to routing the dropper cable to the left - would the fork bumper damage the entry plug like in the case of Aleksandrik?
    If bike does not have rear shock lockout cable, I definitely would recommend to use the hole on the right for the dropper routing.

Not only the plug will be OK, but also dropper cable will have a smoother loop from the frame to handlebar.

Good pictures. Thanks. How about from the seat post tube? Does the cable come from the post internally down to the bottom pedal cage? Or how where does the cable turn from seat tube to down tube?
    Thank you
    It just goes down! I think it is something like this in my Carbon frame. BB shell also was different from classic Cannondale's PF30, it had some sort of pipe insert which prevents contact between shaft of the cranks and dropper routing.
    Cannondale Habit-img_6335.jpg

P.S. Actually, now I just ride a rigid seat post with 20 mm offset. Bike is very capable even without a dropper! Also reliability is so much better!
    Cannondale Habit-img_9861.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Thank you
    I have the same question myself!

If bike does not have rear shock lockout cable, I definitely would recommend to use the hole on the right for the dropper routing.

Not only the plug will be OK, but also dropper cable will have a smoother loop from the frame to handlebar.

It just goes down! I think it is something like this in my Carbon frame. BB shell also was different from classic Cannondale's PF30, it had some sort of pipe insert which prevents contact between shaft of the cranks and dropper routing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6335.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	1146785

P.S. Actually, now I just ride a rigid seat post with 20 mm offset. Bike is very capable even without a dropper! Also reliability is so much better!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9861.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	1146780

I see, thanks for answering!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Great information. Thanks a los guys!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

New Habit for 2018

New Habit & Bad Habit in the back for 2018
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale Habit-20155833_1424132324364170_2238095125212201567_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jernest View Post
    New Habit & Bad Habit in the back for 2018
    No lefty? Oh my...

By the way, I seem to recall some of the guys here mentioning that the habit can fit 2.6" tires? Is this true?

Also, does anyone follow Stan's "Wide Right" recommendations for each rim in terms of tire width?
    https://www.notubes.com/technology/wide-right

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4eva View Post
    No lefty? Oh my...

By the way, I seem to recall some of the guys here mentioning that the habit can fit 2.6" tires? Is this true?

Also, does anyone follow Stan's "Wide Right" recommendations for each rim in terms of tire width?
    https://www.notubes.com/technology/wide-right
    Probably we will see Habit 1 and 2 with Carbon Lefty. Also I can see the front black habit with Sram GX Eagle.

Yes I fitted my Habit SE with 2.6 Schwalbe Rocket Ron front and rear on Stan's NoTubes Flow MK3 (29mm inner width) wheelset. There's 4 to 5mm* space between the seat stays and the tire on both sides. * edited (measured this morning)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale Habit-20170520_124814.jpg  

Cannondale Habit-20170520_124836.jpg  

Cannondale Habit-20170520_124714.jpg  

Cannondale Habit-20170520_124724.jpg  

Cannondale Habit-20170715_091556.jpg  

Last edited by Jernest; 2 Days Ago at 07:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jernest View Post
    Probably we will see Habit 1 and 2 with Carbon Lefty. Also I can see the front black habit with Sram GX Eagle.

Yes I fitted my Habit SE with 2.6 Schwalbe Rocket Ron front and rear on Stan's NoTubes Flow MK3 (29mm inner width) wheelset. There's 3 to 4mm space between the seat stays and the tire on both sides.
    Yeah, I had a feeling they would do that for the lefty forks. This would allow potential buyers with smaller budgets get a Habit, albeit without a Lefty.
    Thanks for confirming regarding the 2.6" tires, appreciate it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678