mtbr member
    Aug 2010

cannondale gemini 900

interested in getting a bike. im looking at a gemini 900 on craigslist but the guy doesnt know for sure what size it is. does he need to measure from the crank to the seat post tube? what are the measurement sizes?

im 6'3'' i assume i need an xl right?

mtbr member
    Have him measure 2 places... one like you said from the center of the crank to the top of the seat tube and then the top tube from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube.... compare both numbers to figure out what size it is from the CDale page.

As hard as it is to believe many people cant measure so I always get 2 to compare to see if its even possible LOL

I am 6'2 (long legs) and ride a large with a short stem as my free ride bike (I also had a large PRophet with a longer stem as my everyday bike).... Set up as a trail bike I would guess youd want an XL BUT Gemini's have a long reach/top tube so depending on you build and stem choice I could see it going either way.

Quote Originally Posted by cjxrider125
    interested in getting a bike. im looking at a gemini 900 on craigslist but the guy doesnt know for sure what size it is. does he need to measure from the crank to the seat post tube? what are the measurement sizes?

im 6'3'' i assume i need an xl right?

A little south of sanity
    Jun 2006
    Good luck, hope it works out for you, I love my Gemini 900, I am 5'6" and I ride a Medium.