I just wanna go fast...

Cannondale Fire rear hub - Freehub removal

Anyone know how to get the freehub off of the hub body? Cassette off and the axle out, but can't seem to find a way to get the free hub off. can anyone help?

I just wanna go fast...
    Anyone? Internet searches turn up nothing.

mtbr member
    Try the Park Tool website

I just wanna go fast...
    I have already checked Park's site, plus tried most methods that I already knew.

Things I've tried so far:

Pulling freehub body
    Pulling freehub body really hard
    Using 8mm (way too small), 10mm (too small) and 12mm (too big to fit in where axle used to be) hex keys inside the hub.

Does anyone know any other ways that I haven't listed, or is listed on the parktool website that might get this sucker off?

If I look inside the axle, i see this:

mtbr member

mtbr member
    You sure it isn't the same or similar to shimano? Try that 10mm allen down there. . .

I just wanna go fast...
    10mm allen tried, is too small. Found a 12mm, doesn't fit into the axle. Finally got in touch with a cannondale mechanic (not many around where I live), turns out it is an 11mm to remove the freehub body. Problem is, the stupid freehub body is not serviceable, so I can either order another one of these crappy cannondal fire freehub bodies (actually a Formula CDH-33 hub according to cannondale cust. service who also has no idea how to get the freehub body off) or I can suck it up and get something decent.

It looks like it's either going to be a Hadley w/ a 10mm conversion kit or a hope pro 2.

Oh, ccaddy- that parktool page was the first place I looked, I just didn't think it would be some crazy non-standard sized allen to get the hub off (I challange you to find me an allen set that has an 11mm allen key in it, if you do, I'd buy it).

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hahaha, 11mm is in stock nowhere. Just grind down a 12mm to 11mm. Who needs a 12mm hex anyway. I had to cause it came lose once. Also, if freehub is skipping one can clean the inside where the pawls are by using brake cleaner then let evaporate and reoil with STP oil additive or Phil Wood's Tenacious oil. Went to Hadley thou three months ago, but my second bike a DJ'er I just got came with Fire on front and back, so I'm really into them now.

I just wanna go fast...
    Hmm... Mine is siezing up, like the guy who owned the bike before me cleaned everything with degreaser or something. Got a new freehub on order.

ccaddy- know any good parktool dealers online?