mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Cannondale Feminine Rush

Would a Cannondale Rush Feminine be a good bike to start riding? I have ridden manual bikes before.

the Jerc
    I got a really good deal on one of these on ebay for my wife. She needed a bike to ride while she was visiting her parents and we decided to get one to keep there for her. Her other bike is a Santa Cruz Juliana and though they are a bit different in geometry, she enjoys her Rush a bit more than she used to.
    Intense Spider FRO
    www.sabercycling.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey sufecob.

At the advice of Merc, I just bought a complete 08 Rush Feminine for my girlfriend. After she took it on the maiden voyage this weekend, I think it was a solid choice. I originally planned to buy her a 2008 F6 hardtail but the lbs sold the last one the day before we went to the shop. To get the frame we wanted in hardtail, it would run at least $600 since we wanted to avoid the taiwanese cannondales that werent lefty compatible. There was one rush 3 sitting in a corner on closeout and it just seemed like a much more logical choice.

The major perks about the rush 3
    1. It's almost overkill for her. When I said screw it, and bought her the bike, the shop owner sort of arrogantly asked "are you serious?' The suspension is more than enough for her. She wasn't sore at all compared to the old novarra that she used to ride. It's spec'd with decent components that will last a season pretty easily.
    2. Girlfriend only weighs 130lbs so she doesn't really need a lockout. The suspension just fits her riding perfectly. Subtle when climbing but cushy when descending.
    3. Avid Juicy Hydraulic Brakes. If you're a girl, this is a big plus because you don't have to apply much pressure at all to stop.
    4. The paint job. It's got a look that reminds you of the show "Bewitched." Pretty sweet.
    5. Race ready. This bike is better than some of the rigs that a few sponsored women on my mountain bike team use. An out of the box performer.
    6. Cannondale specific fit for women. I cant think of a boutique bike that fits a woman better than a cannondale. We have demo'd yetis, ibis, and rocky mountain. The rocky mountain came close in fit but nothing like a cannondale.

My conclusion is that once the girlfriend grows into the rush with her skill level, the bike can grow with her pretty easily. It is sort of heavy but that can be fixed with some carbon accessories and tubeless. But once again, that's only if she takes to racing. Otherwise, she has a great bike that will last for many years to come with no upgrades needed.

So yeah, it's a great bike. Wish they made it in a 29er so I could get one. Being a tall guy sucks.