mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Cannondale F3 vs. Stumpjumper HT (non-disc)

Hey guys,

So I was 95% set on the C'dale BBQ F3, but now i'm starting to lean towards the Stumpjumper HT. I've test ridden both and they both fit well. Well...I felt I was leaning a bit further in the Stumpjumper, but that was a size too big. So i'm assuming the correct size won't feel as stretched out. The only glaring negative about the Specialized is it has V-brakes, esp. at this pricepoint. The next level up with the discs is a few hundred more than I want to spend.

For the same price, which would you get?

C'dale F3
    Pros
    Better Frame(?)
    Nicer welds and finish
    Disc brakes
    Made in the USA
    Cons
    2-3 lbs. heavier (28 lbs.?)

Specialized Stumpjumper HT
    Pros
    2-3 lbs. lighter - (25-27 lbs.?)
    Componentry
    Cooler paint scheme (debatable)
    Cons
    V-brakes
    Made in Taiwan/China

More than somewhat.
    Generally you want to start with a good frame, as components can be replaced as they wear out.

F3, FTW.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Get the F3, the frame is better. The weight difference is from the components, both frames should be close in weight but I'd assume the Cannondale is stiffer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    Get the F3, the frame is better. The weight difference is from the components, both frames should be close in weight but I'd assume the Cannondale is stiffer.
    That's what I was thinking as well. I'm sure 1-2 lbs come from the absent of disc brakes on the Stumpy.

mtbr member
    Not saying that there is anything wrong with the fork on the Stumpy, but I think that the headshok on the F3 is an awesome fork. Very stiff, really light and works great.