mtbr member
    Jun 2004

The Cannondale F2000SL 05' and I need YOU

Hi to all beautiful frame lover. The frames that doesn't look like junkyards.

I'm ready to put my hand on a blue(the black this year is not as beautiful as the last year's) Cannondale F2000SL 05' not the european ones.

What do you think about this bike?
    If you had to upgrade a part on the bike to increase it's efficiency and maybe weight on the same time, what would it be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I choosed a Cannondale bicycle because companies like Trek, Rocky Mountain, Gary Fisher and the many others didn't had better to offer-for the price I want to pay they offered a lot less that my Cannondale and the weight was HIGHER. Cannondale put attention to their frame. I'm not american but I would be proud if Cannondale was a Quebecoise company.
    I like also Devinci but they weren't in my cash option.

Are you talking to me?

Go for it.

The only thing that I might consider changing at the start is the pedals. The stock pedals are ok, but you will shave quite a bit by going with some egg Ti's or what not.

Other than that, keep the rest. There are not many areas other than Tires where you MIGHT save some weight, or gain a performance level that you are looking for.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How much are you looking so spend?

What are you basing your decision on?

Weight
    Looks
    Compoents
    Price

I am sure there is better around if you look hard enough.
    Last edited by KleinAttitude; 09-05-2004 at 08:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    For the pedals, i've already a pair of Crank Brothers Candy SL(that will came back from waranty, maybe one day...).
    For the first thing I'll change-
    Price isn't a problem has long as it make sense.
    I want it to be really helpful for my riding(Cross-country racing & trails), if the weight is lower its alright but it must work with me.
    A good looking bike is always cool to have. You don't have to be a poser to think like that. But i'm not an addict of the good looking so it doesn't matter a lot.

I'll also do road ride with this bike so I'll need to change the tires offenly and with the Stan prep in the tubeless...is it good... how will it be like?

I ride therefore I am.

Great Bike...

The Shimano XT works well...great XC bike!

Look objectively and I'm sure you'll get a great bike.

I use the stan's in all my wheel set-up's including mavic 3.1 with non-ust pythons, love the stuff.
    "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
    Groucho Marx.