mtbr member

Cannondale F2000

Hi!

I am about to buy a Cannondale F2000, from the year 2001. What are the experiences with that bike? I need an all-rounder XC bike for hard terrain, paths, forests, rock... Is it wortg to use this older modell?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nothing wrong with that bike. Just don't overpay for it. The newer bikes, even the lower level models will have better Headshoks. I bet that, looking at the dial on the steerer that it's a Fatty SL. I like Fatty SL's but Fatty DLs on newer bikes are much better internally.

How much are they asking?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by apacherider
    Nothing wrong with that bike. Just don't overpay for it. The newer bikes, even the lower level models will have better Headshoks. I bet that, looking at the dial on the steerer that it's a Fatty SL. I like Fatty SL's but Fatty DLs on newer bikes are much better internally.

How much are they asking?

I don't know thw complette configuration of the bike. What do You think about it's weight? I need an acceptable light, but strong bike...

It costs about $850...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hello,

I'm considering the exact same model and year bike. It's not this one in particular. I'm pretty much wanting the same thing the OP is looking for. The bike I'm considering has very low mileage on it. It belonged to some dotcom bigwig that never had time to ride it. Any ways the guy stated it was a different model than what I was originally told. I wasn't able to get the correct model till he sent a pic and I told him it was incorrect. So I offered him a price of $500 for the incorrect model.

So what would be a killer price on this bike, and is the bike really that dated?

The pic in case the pic doesn't show up on this post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale F2000-5483234667_af46500030_z.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

850 is way too much for a 10 years old bike

I think 850 is too much , you are basically buying the frame only , you will have to replace those brakes and most of the worn parts very soon and they add up fast! I would start with something made from 05-09 with headshok , even a 05 F600 is spec better then these 10 yrs old rigs and their frame has improve by leap and bound in those years.