mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cannondale changed spec of Euro Flash 1. Its have a new Cannondale carbon crank

Cannondale have changed the Euro spec on the Flash Hi Mod 1. They have dropped the FSA crank and put a new one on.

Its called the Cannondale SI Carbon crank.

Does anyone know anything about this crank? Is it better or close to the Hollowgram?

mtbr member
    looks like FSA made for cannondale

mtbr member
    May 2008
    my experience is with it's road bike counterpart. it's nice but not nearly as nice as the hollowgram. I doubt its much of an upgrade compared to what was spec'd on it. Nice how you guys get the mavic SLR's instead of the XTR wheelset for the states. I prefer the US color scheme over this bike however. Red and black always went over better with me then green and black. I couldn't find the weight of the cranksets but I would bet the Cannondale Carbon SI is heavier then the FSA BB30 Kforce

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    KA, weren't you getting a new bike or something?
    Myself I am trying to figure out a way in the new year I can convince the wife to let me buy one last MUSA Cdale.....and it would really have to be $2-$3k to make it worthwhile!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    this crank is made by FSA and has been in the canondale line for several years...its not an upgrade. its of course heavier than the hollowgram SL...but its not bad at all.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    strange solution to solve the FSA crank problems

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorsti
    my experience is with it's road bike counterpart. it's nice but not nearly as nice as the hollowgram. I doubt its much of an upgrade compared to what was spec'd on it. Nice how you guys get the mavic SLR's instead of the XTR wheelset for the states. I prefer the US color scheme over this bike however. Red and black always went over better with me then green and black. I couldn't find the weight of the cranksets but I would bet the Cannondale Carbon SI is heavier then the FSA BB30 Kforce
    i just had one on a scale in my local bike shop, 775gr BB30. But i'm not sure if it was the latest modell.

FIRENZE rulez !!

No good

Quote Originally Posted by stgr
    i just had one on a scale in my local bike shop, 775gr BB30. But i'm not sure if it was the latest modell.
    latest ?? previous ??

and if you said there 's monre than a carbon crank version... which are the differences ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    latest ?? previous ??

and if you said there 's monre than a carbon crank version... which are the differences ?
    My bike shop has it for a while, but don't know how long. And i don't konw if there are different models.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    KA, weren't you getting a new bike or something?
    Myself I am trying to figure out a way in the new year I can convince the wife to let me buy one last MUSA Cdale.....and it would really have to be $2-$3k to make it worthwhile!
    The FSA crank looked better imo.

I,m looking at bikes at the moment. But theres not much out there I like,

None of the Flashes are made in the USA.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude
    The FSA crank looked better imo.

I,m looking at bikes at the moment. But theres not much out there I like,

None of the Flashes are made in the USA.

The aluminum ones are.