mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Cannondale carbon frames and warranty questions

I have broke two aluminum frames of another bike manufacturer. Both times, the frame was warrantied, no questions asked and I was actually upgraded both times. Very happy with the service, however, being without a bike for several weeks is a bummer. I am thinking about purchasing a second bike and really like the Rush Carbon 3, I have demoed the bike and love the feel and the large fits me perfect, better than any other bike I rode. I am concerned about the carbon frame though. Has anyone had any experience with the durability of the cannondale carbon frames and with cannondale warranty. My biggest concern is just laying the bike down on a rock and puncturing or delaminating the frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The cannondale carbon frames have proven tough for me. I am 215lbs and i ride a large 08 carbon rush. The carbon rush is built very stout around the bottom bracket and headtube. I have hit my BB on rocks and I have had rocks hit my downtube. I have put one small gouge in the downtube but it is in the area where they put thick laminate and it did not affect the frame at all. I have chipped the paint off of the BB and found that the BB shell is aluminum. I rode the bike in the bitter cold of a PA winter as well down to 10 degrees. It has been great.

I have never needed to warranty any of my cannondales so I can't help you there. I know they stand behind the product from other customers that have had issues. My shop has a pretty good deal going on Carbon Rush 3's now. PM me if you want details,

Bryan

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have been riding this Rush 3 for about a week and I noticed that I have been banging the pedals off of everything. Today I caught a root with the pedal and went down hard!!! Is this low BB typical of all Full Suspension bikes or just the Rush. The Rush is the first duallie that I have ridden, so I have nothing to compare it to.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The Rush, as most XC or race oriented FS bikes, has a low bottom bracket. It's a trade off for great handling and totally worth it IMO unless you ride on very rocky terrain. AM bikes have higher BB but doesn't handle as well in some areas, it's all a trade off in the end.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well Cannondale has a good warranty policy, I have never seen them turn their backs on anyone that broke their frame.