mtbr member

Cannondale Caad 2 headtube diameter (want to reduce to 1 1/8)

Hi my girlfriend has an old (but still super nice) Cannondale caad2 bike. I want to replace the Headshox Fatty D fork with a Rockshox Reba Team that i have laying around. This means i have to reduce the headtube to 1 1/8. I can't seem to find out whether the headtube diameter on these Caad2 frames is a true 1.5" or something Cannondale specific. Looking at the Chris King Devolution™ NoThreadset™ 1.5 to 1-1/8 inch solution that is available. Can you guys help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Are you talking to me?

Not 1.5.

You need a Cannondale to 1 1/8 headset
    gfy

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i had a frame with a PROBLEM SOLVER reducer

then installed a standard headstet

and a Rock Shox fork

What's "social pace?"
    May 2008
    I have an older headshok-native c'dale that I converted out with an FSA Orbit Z 1.5R headset to run a Fox F80 RL. Stack height is wicked low on that headset (flush mount), it's about 5x cheaper than the Chris King, and it's easy to service. Only con is it's cartridge bearings and not sealed. If you want sealed you can run the Cane Creek Double XC with the reduced cup depth for c'dales.

Oh, and if it's headshok native you have to have the headset steer tube races pressed out prior to having the new ones pressed in. My LBS did the whole affair (and installed the fork crown race) for $15.

It's also worth noting that depending on the cup depth of that CK Devo it may or may not work with your older C'dale frame. IIRC the max depth is like 12mm or something like that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Nice colour match too.

Members who have read this thread: 1