mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Cannondale brakes !!! UGH !!!

i just bought a F5 cannondale 2010 and my breaks are sqweeking even after I adjus them... has enyone else experienced this with the F5 or am i on a island? I just baoughtt he bike 3 days ago, should i consider taking it back?

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    yea, take it back
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    Try roughing up the pads and rotors with some emery cloth. Sometimes new breaks take a few rides to bed in.

mtbr member
    Just take it back to the shop and have them readjust it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    i'm taking it to the shop today. hopefully i'll be able to get it resoved. If not, Specialized here i come....

FIRENZE rulez !!
    mah ....

~Disc~Golf~
    If your bike is new and it breaks, take it back.
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcaballeros
    If not, Specialized here i come....

and you're complaining about squeaky brakes? wait until you hear that fsr suspension working.

My spoon is too big!
    i'm taking it to the shop today. hopefully i'll be able to get it resoved. If not, Specialized here i come....
    Last I checked, Cannondale doesn't make brakes, neither does Specialized. What you have is a setup issue. Most likely caused by the mechanic who assembled the bike, not the manufacturer. Any competent shop mech. should be able to fix it.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Just a flesh wound

I hate Cannondale Brakes

I hate them so much that I wished that they never existed. My wish came true!

But I love my Lefty!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    has anyone had any other issues with 2010 F5 ?

mtbr member

just sad

this is why our country is in such bad shape. people like this. you would take back a flash frame set, cranks, lefty..ect just because the brakes make a sound?? how spoiled are you? my brakes make a few sounds now and again. read up on how to adj them and just ride. cannondale makes great frames, blame the company who make the brake set. avid, shimano.ect........ you sound like one of those fat married men who try to loose .2 grams off their bike while they carry around a 10 lb beer gut.

karl

keep on riding

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by karlmichael
    you sound like one of those fat married men who try to loose .2 grams off their bike while they carry around a 10 lb beer gut.

karl

keep on riding

made me smile!

that's called strategic weight management.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by karlmichael
    this is why our country is in such bad shape. people like this. you would take back a flash frame set, cranks, lefty..ect just because the brakes make a sound?? how spoiled are you? my brakes make a few sounds now and again. read up on how to adj them and just ride. cannondale makes great frames, blame the company who make the brake set. avid, shimano.ect........ you sound like one of those fat married men who try to loose .2 grams off their bike while they carry around a 10 lb beer gut.

karl

keep on riding
    From the way he writes, I imagined him more as a young spoiled kid...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Nice!! LOL.... Thanks for feedback... I wish I was a spolied little kid. LOL... i've never been in to mountian biking and dont really know much about bikes in general, hence me writing on the blog. In any event, the bike overall is great no compaints here... I've read several blogs and the consensus is the same- Cannondale should have exhausted all options get a a better break-set... Anyways, you guys need to get laid a bit more.... let those juices out !!! ha!

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Cannondale should have exhausted all options get a a better break-set
    There is a limit to what can be spec'd on a bike like you purchased. I am sure the homework was done, and at the price you are willing to pay you got the best you can get. If you feel it should have come with better, then that is where the F4 steps in. Better parts with a higher price to reflect the upgrade. Like others have said, tuning the brakes should take care of the issue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I got the bike back this afternoon... No issues so far, but your right BaD Ronald. This weekend I'm hitting some massive trails in South Florida! Markham park or Oleta State River Park.... whoooo-hoooo ALL- thanks for the feedback !!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    From the way he writes, I imagined him more as a young spoiled kid...
    Interesting, I was thinking more of a young spoiled adult.