Thread: Cannondale 650b

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Cannondale 650b

I own a 2010 Flash F1 with 26" wheels and love it. Before buying I tried a lot of bikes including every 29er I could find. Could not really get a good feel on the 29er, but do like the bigger wheel concept.

Seeing some people have converted the F1 to 650b, I was wondering if Cannondale has any input on this. Looking at my bike, it looks like there is room for bigger wheel, and would like to try it.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
    Jon

FIRENZE rulez !!
    a friend is doing a Taurine with a front 29" wheel , and at rear a 27.5" wheel

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Cannondale has no input on this, but the fork is approved. On the rear of the flash, I run the Quasi moto with no problems at all. An IRD Fire XC should fit with no problems as well. The Neo 2.1 should also fit, and I have fit a Neo 2.3 but there was very very little wiggle room.

I absolutely love the set-up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks guys, thinking about investing in some 650b wheels in the near future. I see stans makes, them but tubless may limit the tire choices, and there is not much to begin with.

What do you run?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 26hardtail
    Thanks guys, thinking about investing in some 650b wheels in the near future. I see stans makes, them but tubless may limit the tire choices, and there is not much to begin with.

What do you run?

Stans makes great rims, but they are out of stock at Stans. Universal cycles still has a few listed on their site as in stock, and at a good price too. According to a post on the notubes message board, it looks like a minimum of 3 months before Stans has any back in stock.

I normally run ZTR's (tubeless) with Quasi's and Neo's. FANTASTIC tires that hold air great, and seem to be snap right in for me. I'm 155lbs with gear. I also have a Alex TD lite rim (tube'd) that I run with a Neo 2.3. That's a good rim too, but I never tried it tubeless.

A buddy of mine has the Velocity Blunts and he really likes'em and then I have another friend with the Sun Equalizers, but they aren't built up yet. Their are a few good reviews on here about making the Sun's tubeless.

mtbr member
    Go 650b!

I'm one of the Rush 650b guys. I love the setup. It's made the Rush like a new bike. Your Flash should be awesome with 650b (The benefits of a 29er with the speed, handling and flickability of a 26er).

I did not have good luck with the ZTR 355 650b / Pacenti Neo-Motos as tubeless. I went back to running these tires with tubes after burping the rear tire THREE times in one outing...

The tires are great otherwise...

'13 Pugsley Necromancer
    '13 Bad Boy 5
    '09 F29 2
    '08 Rush SL 5Z (650b)
    '00 F2000SL

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Good job! Thanks

Dear all

Thanks a lot for your help. I am leaning towards the Stans 650b and can wait the three months for them to come in. Never know, by this time the 650b idea may pick up some momentum and more options will be available.

Nice bike Valiant.

Take care everyone