Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    mtbr member
    The Trigger 29er looks really cool. Does anyone know if they'll have some to demo at Interbike Outdoor Demo?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I hope there will be an all black or silver Flash 29er. Don't really like the flashy flash colours.

locked - time out
    Aug 2011
    "wow more price jump on the Flash 29er Ultimate? I mean, over $10k pricetag for a hardtail, or is it just me?? F29 CARBON ULTIMATE - F-Series 29er - Hardtail 29er - Mountain - Bikes - 2013"

Happy I brought my 29er1 Hi mod HT couple of years ago (for little less than 6k).
    Mostly XO + hollowgram si crank (stock), with few upgrades (crest/DT240 wheelset + enve post/flat bar + scrub rotors + xx cassette), and got the weight down to sub 19 lbs pretty easily.

mtbr member
    Has anyone ordered a medium carbon flash 3? I did, and was wondering when your delivery date is. Orginally I was told mid Oct. Now I'm hearing end of November. Specifically I am asking about medium becasue I am told size large is in stock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaskitrail View Post
    Has anyone ordered a medium carbon flash 3? I did, and was wondering when your delivery date is. Orginally I was told mid Oct. Now I'm hearing end of November. Specifically I am asking about medium becasue I am told size large is in stock.
    It took about 5 weeks for mine to come in. When I ordered it from LBS they said there was only 8 mediums left in Cannondale's system. Picked it up on 9/12. The bike was delivered by the date Cannondale said it would be.

mtbr member
    And here's my new toy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale 2013...-f29-1.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-f29-2.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-f29-3.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-f29-4.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-f29-5.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-f29-6.jpg  

FIRENZE rulez !!
    looking good , kayba ...

only disagree the RARA on front ( on rear too but for me on front is slippery )

... but your new toy needs titanium bolts everywhere

... just saw the 94-58mm old spider from 2002-2003 , a touch of last decade
    approved

mtbr member
    Kayba- bike looks great! Let us know how you like your brakes, please! Considering those or my current favorites (formula r1) for my scalpel.

Icebiker

Nice!

Very clean lines! Congrats!!

mtbr member
    Awesome. Yes, let us know how the brakes compare to the usual high end stuff.

mtbr member
    @eliflap I wanted to have the new spider but it isn't available yet so for now it's the good old 5-arm spider

as for the brakes, I will give them a try soon, will keep you updated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale 2013...-spider.jpg  

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayba View Post
    And here's my new toy
    Now THAT is a nice bike!

How small is that small chainring anyway? You could climb walls with that thing!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    For those interested here is the tech manual for new "Lefty Hybrid".

http://media.cannondale.com/media/Le..._Screen_EN.pdf

mtbr member
    Hi- I'm new to this board and to mountain biking and I just got my first bike - the Cannondale Tango SL1 29er. I don't have that much experience, but it is a ton of fun so far. I'm only 5'1" and I wanted a 29er after trying my friend's Specialized Jett - and I went with the Tango primarily due to standover height. It's been great on the trail so far....

-laine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    Now THAT is a nice bike!

How small is that small chainring anyway? You could climb walls with that thing!
    hey Dan, it's a 36-22. I may switch to 38-24 but I'll do it with this combo for now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Disappointed in the colours on the 2013 Flash 29ers. White is a colour that I cannot stand and the bikes I was looking to buy was F29 1 and F29 Carbon 3. Black is the way to go and the Ultimate is beautiful but It cost like a car so F29 2 is the onlyone left for me but I don´t really like the components.

mtbr member
    I'm also interested in how you find the brakes... They've got to be better than the XX WCs

Quote Originally Posted by mkpthelaw View Post
    Disappointed in the colours on the 2013 Flash 29ers. White is a colour that I cannot stand and the bikes I was looking to buy was F29 1 and F29 Carbon 3. Black is the way to go and the Ultimate is beautiful but It cost like a car so F29 2 is the onlyone left for me but I don´t really like the components.
    You're joking right? The F29 1 is (annoying) in the CFR colours, and imo MUCH nicer looking than the Batman Flash. Black on black is so boring and VERY common. It simply doesn't stand out. That might be a plus for some people though. I personally like loud and proud

@Kayba: Out of interest, how much does she weigh?
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostN7 View Post
    I'm also interested in how you find the brakes... They've got to be better than the XX WCs

You're joking right? The F29 1 is (annoying) in the CFR colours, and imo MUCH nicer looking than the Batman Flash. Black on black is so boring and VERY common. It simply doesn't stand out. That might be a plus for some people though. I personally like loud and proud

No i´m not joking. I want all black if I could and not a bike that stands out. Some like flashy but I like black. Silver or darkish blue would be ok but no way in hell that I buy white.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I like the F29 Carbon1 in the CFR colors...unfortunately that color scheme isn't available in the US. So...I'm thinking of ordering from the EU and having it shipped here. IMO, it's much better than the red/white/light blue on the US Carbon 1.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I myself like the F29 1 Alloy I even ordered one tho not so much just because of the color tho

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
    I like the F29 Carbon1 in the CFR colors...unfortunately that color scheme isn't available in the US. So...I'm thinking of ordering from the EU and having it shipped here. IMO, it's much better than the red/white/light blue on the US Carbon 1.
    You might want to wait it out...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md View Post
    You might want to wait it out...
    For what? Are you hearing that color scheme is going to be available in the US shortly?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostN7 View Post

19,36 lbs / 8,8 kilos as pictured

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I too prefer CFR scheme over Batman's scheme.

Helmetless Crasher
    And here's my new toy
    SWEET-looking vehicle.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    I don't know what to do. I see that REI.com has 2013 F29 3 carbons for $2800. And the site says instock. Don't know the exact time it would take for it to get to the local REI and get asssmebled. See, I ordered a carbon F29 3 from my LBS and they are charging me $3100 and I have to wait to Nov 26 which is the estimated shipment date.

Should I get my deposit back and get it from REI? Should I ask for some money off the price? I would prefer to get it from the LBS becasue of service, but I would like to have it a month earlier. And $300 buys a lot of service.

06z
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    It will not hurt to ask. Also which place would give you better service?

mtbr member
    19,36 lbs / 8,8 kilos as pictured
    Sorry mate, didn't see that.

19.36lbs? Wow! I thought she'd be lighter :/
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

mtbr member
    hands down the LBS will give better service.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I don't know what to do. I see that REI.com has 2013 F29 3 carbons for $2800. And the site says instock. Don't know the exact time it would take for it to get to the local REI and get asssmebled. See, I ordered a carbon F29 3 from my LBS and they are charging me $3100 and I have to wait to Nov 26 which is the estimated shipment date.

Should I get my deposit back and get it from REI? Should I ask for some money off the price? I would prefer to get it from the LBS becasue of service, but I would like to have it a month earlier. And $300 buys a lot of service.
    If its on REI's site, they have it in the warehouse ready to ship. I'd go REI. You have to have the bike shipped, and assembled, to/at REI anyway so use them as your LBS.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by avbcon12 View Post
    If its on REI's site, they have it in the warehouse ready to ship. I'd go REI. You have to have the bike shipped, and assembled, to/at REI anyway so use them as your LBS.
    Not all REI's can get Cannondales ship to them. REI has page that will tell you what REI's are authorized Cannondale dealers

Happy Trails
    [QUOTE=Notaskitrail;
    Should I get my deposit back and get it from REI? Should I ask for some money off the price? I would prefer to get it from the LBS becasue of service, but I would like to have it a month earlier. And $300 buys a lot of service.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't let the month be the decider.

If you are really committed to the LBS and they treat you like a friend, stay the course but point out to them the price difference and ask that thy make up half ($150) in future labor discount (ie full service tuneup) and half in a price reduction. Cannondales are different than a lot of bikes, lefty, PFBB30, etc .... so an experienced Cannondale shop could be a worth every penny of the difference.

If it is not your hometown shop and your deposit is refundable, ask for the entire discount $300, and if they say say no, compromise by spend the deposit in the shop and then get the REI bike.

10% off full retail was uncommon in Maryland (where moved from) but very common here in Arizona (where I moved to).

No wrong answer here as long as you are satisfied with your bike.

mtbr member
    first off the wait is killing me. I'm riding a 1993 trek 930 rigid.

I can't believe that the bike is discounted. I'm all for saving money but these instant discounts from a box store on a 2013 feels like it cheepens the brand.

I have got to wait it out with the LBS. Too many negs about going with a box store. Most important is service after sale, But I will point out to LBS that bike are starting to show up.

-$300 cheeper- not insignificant because this bike was already above my budget.

Helmetless Crasher
    first off the wait is killing me. I'm riding a 1993 trek 930 rigid.

I can't believe that the bike is discounted. I'm all for saving money but these instant discounts from a box store on a 2013 feels like it cheepens the brand.

I have got to wait it out with the LBS. Too many negs about going with a box store. Most important is service after sale, But I will point out to LBS that bike are starting to show up.

-$300 cheeper- not insignificant because this bike was already above my budget.
    Service IS important. I agree.

But honestly, its a bike - how much service will you need vs. doing it all DIY?

I bought my '11 RZ 120-2 via eBay last year around this time and saved about a grand. No warranty, no service, no nada. Just a brand new cannondale, at roughly 1/3rd off msrp, at my door in 4 days. Wit the money saved, I modded the bike to my desired spec. When I now look at a Trigger (sure its a helluva bike) for $8k, I have to chuckle . . .

Glad I went the route I did and enjoyed the savings.
    These things are nuts n bolts - not rocket science. So far, I've changed all the pivot bearings and swapped-out the brakes and crankset/BB. All pretty much a no-brainer . . . and with minimal down time for the bike. Prolly did it better than the highschool kid at the LBS would have done it, too . . .

When its time to get the Lefty serviced, I'll have Mendon do it - which I would do in lieu of an LBS, anyway.

However, if you DO go w/ REI, I would not let their service dept. touch the bike. LOL.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    And here's my new toy
    What size/brand rotors are you using?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnyquist View Post
    What size/brand rotors are you using?

Thanks!
    look like factory magura mt8 rotors to me..... no clue on size

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Any idea when/if the Scalpel Ultimates will be shipped?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gfeldy View Post
    Any idea when/if the Scalpel Ultimates will be shipped?
    they are already shipping.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    they are already shipping.
    That's what they told us two months ago. Are they riding them to the shops?

mtbr member
    hey Dan, it's a 36-22. I may switch to 38-24 but I'll do it with this combo for now.
    Interesting setup, is this all stock?

My hi-mod is 42/27t (36-11 rear) for tough climbs.. now how does your compare is it normally sold like that?

Pretty black bike, although I still prefer mine (bias) lol

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Firstly, hi to everyone on here, been reading the posts for months but not posted until now! glad to see people enjoying there 2013 Cannondales, but spare a thought for us in the UK, we wont see them until the new year, had a F29 carbon 2 on order since november, and all that is happening so far is the due date keeps going back, now at mid february...........

Really looking forward to getting the bike after a demo ride on a Flash earlier in the year, will sit nicely alongside my Supersix roadie...........

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    My Scalpel Ultimate finally came in!! Merry Christmas to me!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    My lbs had a Scalpel Ultimate in for a customer at the same time, and that didn't hang around long! You won't see many of them n the uk....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    My wife and I ordered two medium 2013 Scalpel Ultimates in September and received them on December 21st, just in time for Christmas. Sweet bikes.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    post pics of the Ultimates !!!

Happy Trails
    Here's an Ultimate >>> 23.10 pounds with 2.2 Maxxis Ikon tires, XTR pedals, Arundel cage, Garmin 500 computer, and 180mm Magura Storm rotor up front. Ho, ho, ho, indeed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale 2013...-cannondale-scalpel-2012-12-28-003-800x600-.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-cannondale-scalpel-2012-12-28-004-800x600-.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-cannondale-scalpel-2012-12-28-006.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-cannondale-scalpel-2012-12-28-005.jpg  

Last edited by Scott In MD; 01-05-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789