Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumpy View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    Same here....for aggressive xc I think 120-140 is perfect. My Rush bottoms out a lot so I think I might have to get a Prophet again as it was nice to have enough reserve... anything with more travel would be overkill and not really a "do it all" bike.....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    STW suggesting on Twitter they've been shown a 2013 model Trigger 29er at the Cannondale press launch.. I've not seen any pics yet though.

Andy

derp
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac View Post
    Same here....for aggressive xc I think 120-140 is perfect. My Rush bottoms out a lot so I think I might have to get a Prophet again as it was nice to have enough reserve... anything with more travel would be overkill and not really a "do it all" bike.....
    140 mm for XC ( even agressive one ) is way too much ... Hell i make Enduro with just 130mm and think it's the sweet spot for it, good enough for 90% of the terrain while still nimble and fast enough to kill in the hills.

I hardly bottom out my Rush but the rear has been Push'd and i run higher than spec pressure, plus i'm a lightweight dude.

For some reason i just can't bring myself to like these models of late... most of them don't offer that much compared to my 6y old Rush, hell compared to most i still prefer the geo of my 650b'd Rush to these models. Kinda disappointing really

Helmetless Crasher
    I honestly do not care for the aesthetics of the Trigger/Jekyll frame design, either. Seems too busy. May just be the loud paint/graphics schemes throwing me off. I'd prefer a matte black or silver with basic understated graphics. But if it performs, the look would not be a deal-breaker for me. As someone else suggested, I'm thinking the 26 is really a euro market bike.

I have to think they have a 29er Trigger line to unveil, as well, which would prolly sell like flapjacks here in the US.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumpy View Post
    I honestly do not care for the aesthetics of the Trigger/Jekyll frame design, either. Seems too busy. May just be the loud paint/graphics schemes throwing me off. I'd prefer a matte black or silver with basic understated graphics. But if it performs, the look would not be a deal-breaker for me. As someone else suggested, I'm thinking the 26 is really a euro market bike.

I have to think they have a 29er Trigger line to unveil, as well, which would prolly sell like flapjacks here in the US.
    I think u have hit the nail on the head there , im in the UK and i think that trigger is going to be a big hit hear . Having tried a 29er i think our single tracks are to tight for big wheels .
    i have also heard there is going to be a trigger 29er
    thanks
    Dean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsilva View Post
    140 mm for XC ( even agressive one ) is way too much ... Hell i make Enduro with just 130mm and think it's the sweet spot for it, good enough for 90% of the terrain while still nimble and fast enough to kill in the hills.

I hardly bottom out my Rush but the rear has been Push'd and i run higher than spec pressure, plus i'm a lightweight dude.

For some reason i just can't bring myself to like these models of late... most of them don't offer that much compared to my 6y old Rush, hell compared to most i still prefer the geo of my 650b'd Rush to these models. Kinda disappointing really
    But that's because the rush was probably one of the best bikes cannondale have made!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cannondale freak

Info from cannondale presentation

Here are some pics and info

Cannondale 2013

Cannondale freak
    It says, Trigger should be in carbon 26" and alloy in 29" ???

LA CHÈVRE
    They haven't showed everything new yet... I heard saturday's a big day...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    They haven't showed everything new yet... I heard saturday's a big day...
    Have you herd anything for the 2013 Flash Carbon 29'ER 3?

mtbr member
    My close friend, high profile athlete sponsored by Cannondale, is getting a prototype of what will replace the Scalpel 26".
    He was using until now a Flash 29 Carbon U or 1 exclusively, and will have "to go back" if I can say, to the 26" world All suspended. Weird move, but he's gonna have to use it.

I'm guessing this should be announced this saturday.
    Will post pictures as soon as I'm allowed to.

Apart from the black matte finish of the Flash and Scalpel 29", I can't say I'm thrilled with the color scheme this year. (especially this horrible blue/white/red!!)

Flash 29 will remain mainly unchanged.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by freak6767 View Post
    My close friend, high profile athlete sponsored by Cannondale, is getting a prototype of what will replace the Scalpel 26".
    He was using until now a Flash 29 Carbon U or 1 exclusively, and will have "to go back" if I can say, to the 26" world All suspended. Weird move, but he's gonna have to use it.

I'm guessing this should be announced this saturday.
    Will post pictures as soon as I'm allowed to.

Apart from the black matte finish of the Flash and Scalpel 29", I can't say I'm thrilled with the color scheme this year. (especially this horrible blue/white/red!!)

Flash 29 will remain mainly unchanged.
    I love the matte black finish, but I'm doubtful it will make it down to the 3. I'm not a huge fan of the blue/white/red, but it kind of reminds me of the old caffeine that had the same color way.

mtbr member
    please, please, please can they make a CFR version...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I want to change my bike for a 2013 Scalpel (can't wait to have more informations) and I just found a good article on Singletrackworld "Riding the new trigger" I can't post link yet....

singletrackworld dot com/2012/06/cannondale-2013-riding-the-new-trigger/
    Last edited by JPelletier; 06-26-2012 at 06:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPelletier View Post
    I want to change my bike for a 2013 Scalpel (can't wait to have more informations) and I just found a good news on Singletrackworld "Riding the new trigger" I can't post link yet....

Singletrack Magazine | Cannondale 2013: Riding the new Trigger
    from that article

The new 26in Trigger is due out in October, but hot on its heels will be a 29er Trigger (that we’ve seen, but can’t show you) which will be launched at Eurobike in September, with production likely to arrive in the New Year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    from that article

The new 26in Trigger is due out in October, but hot on its heels will be a 29er Trigger (that we’ve seen, but can’t show you) which will be launched at Eurobike in September, with production likely to arrive in the New Year.
    And from what I see on bikemags: bikemag dot com/gear/cannondale-trigger-1-first-impressions-and-trigger-29er-info/

the bike(Trigger) will be offered as three models ranging from $3,000 to $5,000, and will be available with an aluminum frame only for its first year. The top-end model will come with an all-new Lefty, which Cannondale was very careful not to leak any information on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm dying here! I can't wait to see the new stuff in person. I'm hangin in by a thread to get a Scalpel. The LBS's don't have any stock (Need an XL) and the new stuff hasn't been released yet that I know of either!

Where's the best place to get a smokin deal on a new Scalpel? Or does anyone know of left over '12 in XL? Need a 29'er bad!!!
    Brian
    Scalpel 3, I-9 Wheels, Avid Trail 9 Brakes, Carbon Bars, XTR Pedals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Looking forward to see the new Scalpel 26"!!!

LA CHÈVRE
    So I've been digging and got the confirmation that there will be a 29er trigger later this year. They showed it in their media presentation but didn't give much details and probably prevented medias to take pictures. It will be presented later but apparently will ship around the same time as the 26" version.

On the road, the new SuperSix Evo has a new Nano variation, 655gr and beautiful! I'm adding pictures and details as I get more on my Facebook Cannondale 2013 album.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Wow the matte black Evo... too bad I just bought one...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Anything for the SS crowd?
    1FG?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyd View Post
    1FG?
    +1 for this!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    nano carbon evo = WOW brilliant!!!

they'll be using graphene before we know it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb64 View Post
    I love the matte black finish, but I'm doubtful it will make it down to the 3. I'm not a huge fan of the blue/white/red, but it kind of reminds me of the old caffeine that had the same color way.
    I am looking at the 2012 Flash C3... gonna hold off til the '13's launch mainly for the new Lefty. Yeah that b/w/r color scheme : /

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyd View Post
    1FG?
    I really wanted a C'dale SS...

Ended up getting the 2012 Hydro Niner One9.
    It weighs exactly like my 29er Flash Carbon 2...
    Highly recommended...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I really wanted a C'dale SS...
    Cannondale do make a SS rigid 29er Trail SL, though Christ alone knows how much it weighs.

Andy

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Any idea when will be unveiled Scalpel 2013?

Reno N.V.
    Cannondale Lefty 2013 ? Three New Models - BikeRadar

I can't wait to throw this new damper into my fork. It will be a good match.

"Because the system is a closed unit, it can be completely removed for service. Cannondale also offer a SWOP (Service Without Problems) exchange service where the damper can be removed and replaced at a reduced cost. The brand also offer a lifetime warranty for the inner and outer legs.

The cartridge is sprung by a RockShox’s Solo Air spring, which was co-developed for Lefty and pressurizes both positive and negative air chambers together when setting the positive air pressure.

Cannondale have made the new Lefty’s damper cartridge retrofitable to previous Lefty models dating back to 2005."
    Cannondale Rize 3
    Atomlab Trail Pimp

Ridin' dirty!
    It seems like the damper cartridges remain unchanged.....so one should be able to just buy a new chassis and fit the existing pbr cartridge.......the only thing that worries me is the open bath concept....one of the key benefits here that the lower seal and needle bearings will stay lubricated is also one of the biggest drawbacks if you ask me.....a scratch in the lower leg, a small ding or a seal failure will have the oil leak out and spill everywhere.....if I get a new lefty I will (just for the good ol' times sake) install a lefty rubber boot
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    It seems like the damper cartridges remain unchanged.....so one should be able to just buy a new chassis and fit the existing pbr cartridge.......the only thing that worries me is the open bath concept....one of the key benefits here that the lower seal and needle bearings will stay lubricated is also one of the biggest drawbacks if you ask me.....a scratch in the lower leg, a small ding or a seal failure will have the oil leak out and spill everywhere.....if I get a new lefty I will (just for the good ol' times sake) install a lefty rubber boot
    That protector should do the job (sorry, can't post link yet):
    cdn.mos.bikeradar_dot_com/images/news/2012/03/19/1332152928237-ubememlw2os4-670-70.jpg

LA CHÈVRE
    Cannondale introduces a fully rigid SS bike... Heard sizing is weird though.

They also add a new helmet right at the top, the Cypher is supposedly one of the lightest helmets in the world.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Cannondale introduces a fully rigid SS bike... Heard sizing is weird though.
    Hmm, genericish kids bike frame, stickered Cannondale.

Fail.

They should have done this one....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale 2013...-c-dale111.jpeg  

This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    This could be an interesting upgrade if truly possible. I have the new pbr internals retrofitted to my 2006 Lefty Max. With just the upper and lower (carbon) running around $600 IIRC. Then, probably another $200 for other parts and installation, that would still be a pricey upgrade.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Love that trike! can i get it with a headshok Solo?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    So, Saturday came and went...any further info on the Trigger 29?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dje31 View Post
    So, Saturday came and went...any further info on the Trigger 29?
    Think it's embargoed until Eurobike.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by kearnsafix View Post
    Love that trike! can i get it with a headshok Solo?
    It was pretty cool.

Was featured in one of their catalogues BITD (sadly as a joke), caused a big stir, Cannophiles everywhere that had kids wanted one, alas, they never made any besides the few some of the factory guys stuck together for their kids.....

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by ratherbeintobago View Post
    Think it's embargoed until Eurobike.

Andy
    Yep, it was shown to the press but Cannondale are keeping the journalists daughters alive until Eurobike (September). It will be shown officially then. Trigger 29er, Trigger alloy...

mtbr member
    when are we going to see the 2013 line-up for Flash, Scalpel, etc...?

mtbr member
    and for the hooligan too ?!....

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I thought the Flash C3 may launch today due to the red, white and blue color scheme...wheres the patriotism Cannondale?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    2013 Cannondale Scalpel Ultimate second to Bike Tech (Miami store) Facebook Page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale 2013...-178730_3321437236471_675096965_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    What?
    No XX1?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice! "organic" frame. 26 & 29?
    Just try to be happy and smile every day.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud View Post
    What?
    No XX1?
    I know XX1 is official... but when will it ship?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eduluke View Post
    2013 Cannondale Scalpel Ultimate second to Bike Tech (Miami store) Facebook Page.
    So a Cannondale dealer posted that? Bet they got a phone call from Cannondale about it.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGooner View Post
    So a Cannondale dealer posted that? Bet they got a phone call from Cannondale about it.
    After the media presentation, there is no problem posting that bike, I have seen it from various sources already (and it's pretty much unchanged from the 2012 model, the 2013 Flash 29er Ultimate looks sweet by the way)...

Now if a shop was to post the 29er Trigger though...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    After the media presentation, there is no problem posting that bike, I have seen it from various sources already (and it's pretty much unchanged from the 2012 model, the 2013 Flash 29er Ultimate looks sweet by the way)...

ah, I thought it was still embargoed. Now I can't wait to see the Flash.

LA CHÈVRE
    Now I can't wait to see the Flash.
    Here are two...

derp
    Really diggin' that flat black !!
    Not digging this pull shock deal ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hey guys, new user but been scoping trails here for a while.

I'm looking for advice on when I need to try to order one of the 2013 caad-x. I know when is pretty much a mystery right now, but any suggestions or tips on loitering correctly would be appreciated. Most of my reading suggests actually getting what you want, in a relatively timely manner requires going to the right LBS. I live in Santa Cruz, California, but would travel to San Jose or SF if required. Help appreciated.

mtbr member
    I like the B&W color scheme better...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

In fact I copied this picture to my hard drive before it was deleted from their Facebook page. So... maybe there was a problem... indeed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I like the all black scheme on urban bikes... but in a trail, I think vivid colors suits way better.

mtbr member
    Here are two...

CFR team version???????

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    CFR team version???????
    No CFR version, but there's an F29 Carbon (non HiMod) that is close!

(and oh yeah....they're not called Flashes anymore)

mtbr member
    thats a bugger. CFR paint job with full XX, hollowgrams and crossmax SLRs was what i wanted... oh well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md View Post
    No CFR version, but there's an F29 Carbon (non HiMod) that is close!

(and oh yeah....they're not called Flashes anymore)
    what are they called?

mtbr member
    No 650 B bikes ??? :-((

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    what are they called?
    F26 or F29

Maybe a new hardtail ??

» Blog Archive » #598_CANNONDALE 2013

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Archicoolaurel View Post
    F26 or F29

Maybe a new hardtail ??

» Blog Archive » #598_CANNONDALE 2013
    The frames don't look any different in the photos, though it's hard to tell. 'Flash' was always a bit of a lame model name anyway; F26/F29 is better & more consistent with previous Cannondale HT model names.

Andy

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm actually surprised that cdale is content with the inventory gap leading into the new models. My LBS is wiped out of just about everything cdale so gotta think the release lag erodes Q3 sales. Kinda amateurish from a inventory mgmt standpoint.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgull View Post
    I'm actually surprised that cdale is content with the inventory gap leading into the new models. My LBS is wiped out of just about everything cdale so gotta think the release lag erodes Q3 sales. Kinda amateurish from a inventory mgmt standpoint.
    which bike do you feel the new lineup is missing?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Is that Cannondale or your LBS? Was in mine the other day, had a number of Cannondales built and ready to go, even more in the back waiting to be built.

LA CHÈVRE
    Shops have to actually order the bikes they want, if they sell out too quickly, they can be stuck, especially around this time of the year. It's not a Cannondale thing, it's more a bad prediction from the shop in most cases.

But it's tricky for shops and bike companies, it may be hard to predict the next year's production/sales. You don't want to run out of bikes too quickly... but you don't want to be stuck with too many either. Companies and shops don't want to have too many 'old' models in stock once the new model year model start to show up.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    It's more of a mfg sched issue. They do their best at guessing what's needed when. Sometimes they do well, sometimes not. Also, material shortages can play a part too

CDale is not alone in this. Scott had this problem with their 2011 line. The LBS is was at one time said they can't get anymore 2011 models. They had to wait until the 2012 which was going to ship in a few months.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    It's more of a mfg sched issue. They do their best at guessing what's needed when. Sometimes they do well, sometimes not.
    Rumour has it Cannondale completely underestimated global demand for Flash & Scapel 29ers this year - hence, in the UK, the F29s were all gone by about Jan, and S29s are only being delivered now...

Andy

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Is that Cannondale or your LBS? Was in mine the other day, had a number of Cannondales built and ready to go, even more in the back waiting to be built.
    LBS said they cant get anymore so it's a waiting game.

LA CHÈVRE
    A few more, RZ 120 also stays in the line, probably as more affordable 120mm bikes under the new Trigger price range. The Scalpel 26er doesn't looked changed either (not a bad thing).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannondale 2013...-20120711_1_02.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-20120711_1_08.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-20120711_1_04.jpg  

Cannondale 2013...-20120711_1_07.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Red, blue, black, white... hmmm..... That's a Scalpel 29er ONE I assume?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What is up with the boot on the Scalpel 29ers? Thought the new lefty lost that. Hope that does not mean no self resetting bearings either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Dallas Gooner, The red, white, blue and black one in the picture on its own does seem to have the old style fork with the boot, but in the picture of the scalpel 29'ers below where they are stacked they all appear to have the new bootless fork, which doesent help.
    I would be interested to know what the specs and colourschemes are for the 2013 Scalpel 29ers.
    Regards
    Mark

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    are they bringing back a carbon flash 26er for '13? please say yes!

derp
    Only 29rs ? Pull shocks ? And I used to like Cannondale ...

mtbr member
    the new colors are nice but I still think the best one yet is the scalpel 2 green-white and black.

LA CHÈVRE
    The white alloy Scalpel 29er with the booted Lefty is a 2012.5 model... alloy frames started to ship so late but it's carrying on as a 2013 updated with the new bootless Lefty (and different wheels I think).

People want more 29ers, now they complain about them? For classic 26" wheel fans, the Trigger is available in 26" (29er later), Jekyll, Claymore, RZ, Scalpels, hardtails... Not sure if North America will get any 26" carbon Flashes (F26 I guess now?), that market is rapidly disappearing, not a lot of demand...

And what's wrong with pull shocks again? I know some old pull shocks had issues but that doesn't mean new ones do, things haven't stalled in shock technology in the last few years...

People want more 29ers, now they complain about them?
    Man, they so missed the boat by not doing Fatbike FS, wtf Cannondale??????

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Sup
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SO TRUE

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Dan, when is the scalpel ultimate 29er going to be available? My LBS isn't thinking about the '13's until all of his '12's are gone.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud View Post
    Dan, when is the scalpel ultimate 29er going to be available? My LBS isn't thinking about the '13's until all of his '12's are gone.
    Don't know of dates, shop guys would know better... And I'm not sure how many Ultimate they will make but they typically sell out quickly, better make sure you order as soon as possible if you want one.

derp
    People want more 29ers, now they complain about them? For classic 26" wheel fans, the Trigger is available in 26" (29er later), Jekyll, Claymore, RZ, Scalpels, hardtails... Not sure if North America will get any 26" carbon Flashes (F26 I guess now?), that market is rapidly disappearing, not a lot of demand...
    US =! World. Come to Europe, 29r's aren't that popular. My complain isn't about the non-existence of 26r's bur rather the focus on 29r's, it's like they have a premium spot on C'Dalle decisions, much like Santa Cruz.

And what's wrong with pull shocks again? I know some old pull shocks had issues but that doesn't mean new ones do, things haven't stalled in shock technology in the last few years...
    Just some ?

All in all, bit disappointed with these releases ... I would rather go and buy a good condition old frame like a Prophet, Perp, Gemini, Moto etc than a Jekyll or a Trigger.

LA CHÈVRE
    Haaa but you still have 26er Carbon Flash in Europe. The media presentation was in the US so they probably focused on the North American market for now. They haven't shown all the bikes yet anyway, Eurobike will feature the rest I guess.

But it's not only Cannondale that push 29ers more... even european companies are pushing the bigger wheels (Scott even have a few models for 2013 that are only available with 29er and 650b wheels, no 26"!), euro xc pros are almost all on bigger wheels now except Absalon...

derp
    Are you basing yourself on the top european racers on the WC circuit ? The ones who are sponsored by big brands ?

Because i know that most Euro based brand racers are mostly on 26's and quite a few are making the switch to 650b. The European championship is filled with 26r's and 650b athletes, there are 29r's but they're definitely not as popular as in the US or from big name manufacturer racers. Like where in the US the 650b is primarely being marketed for mid travel am/trail FS bikes while around here most releases are for XC hardtails.

And i believe most Euro brands still have a lot more 26r's on their lineup. I have no problem with them having/selling 29r's and i would get my self one since it's the only size i don't own ( apart from an old 700c bike ) if only i wasn't small, just think they're focusing too much on them and might miss the boat and be late to the party if the 29r's movement starts to loose steam.

if the 29r's movement starts to loose steam.
    Not antagonizing you, or starting a which size is better battle, but, yeah, that ain't happening......

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

derp
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Not antagonizing you, or starting a which size is better battle, but, yeah, that ain't happening......

Not following you ? Maybe you're misunderstanding me, i mean "loosing steam" as in "lowering sales" and i don't know how things are in US but i see it here, at least on the distributers/shops i have some kind of contact with.

The sales were never that great but now it's worse, blame it on the bad economy, another wheel size entering, something else but i see a lot of 29r's not sold in stores in these parts.

Anyway my problem is not the wheel size itself, like i said earlier, but rather Cannondale stance on it, among other things of course.

mtbr member
    Come to Europe, 29r's aren't that popular.
    That's quite a bold statement and in incorrect for at least a few countries. Last season there were almost only 26'ers in the XC and Marathon races I did, but this year most of the top riders have a 29'er HT. Pretty much all of my friends who are considering a new bike are looking for 29ers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    anybody have a line on flash 26er frames in europe?

Not following you ? Maybe you're misunderstanding me, i mean "loosing steam" as in "lowering sales" and i don't know how things are in US but i see it here, at least on the distributers/shops i have some kind of contact with.
    Yes, I took your meaning correctly....

My point was simply that consumption of this wheel size is rolling along well, with no signs of slowing down.

Sure, 650B is pulling a few dollars from 29er sales, but they won't ever remove 29ers from the marketplace, and anyone out there in MTB marketing land who's thinking that the whole world will see the error of their ways and revert to 26, ever, is simply nostalgic.

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    the problem with cdale's 29er ONLY carbon flash lineup is that they don't have a size small in it. they can't do it with the 29 in wheel without messing up geometries. that's where 650b comes in, in that you get a larger wheel size and all the advantages along with the consistent geometries from small to large.

Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Yes, I took your meaning correctly....

My point was simply that consumption of this wheel size is rolling along well, with no signs of slowing down.

Sure, 650B is pulling a few dollars from 29er sales, but they won't ever remove 29ers from the marketplace, and anyone out there in MTB marketing land who's thinking that the whole world will see the error of their ways and revert to 26, ever, is simply nostalgic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    A happy flash 26 rider here... Would hate to see them extinguished.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Carbon or Alu?

Quote Originally Posted by eduluke View Post
    A happy flash 26 rider here... Would hate to see them extinguished.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dypeterc View Post
    Carbon or Alu?
    Carbon!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Local trails are very narrow single tracks, full of hi degree turns and technical climbs... I'm a tall guy with XL frame... So I found out 26' works better for me than 29' in this scenario. Most local guys seems to agree with me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    At the recent demo event the Cannondale rep said that if those who get a 2013 bike gets one with a 2012 fork can get a replacement 2013 fork if they complain about it which they should.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    US =! World. Come to Europe, 29r's aren't that popular.
    sure ? here in Italy there are a lot of 29er

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I've only seen two other 29ers on the trails here in Germany. Most people are using 26er fullys.

mtbr member
    Perhaps there'd be more 29ers at races than at general trail riding. At least in Finland I see many 29ers at XC and marathon events, less on the trails. I guess each country adopts to changes in it's own pace, as well as each person ;-)
    Last edited by figo; 07-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    In the UK I don't see many 29ers on the trails but lots at races...40% of hardtails at a guess.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I see a lot of pictures of carbon Flashes, but are any of them the 2013 carbon Flash 3?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2