Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannondale 2009

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Cannondale 2009

Any news on the 09's? Specificly the Scalpel, Taurine & any 29'r?

mad aussie
    Only thing I have heard for sure is that we can expect price increases across the board after a few years of prices going down. There is supposed to be a rep product meeting coming up, so more info about 08 will be out.
    I know on the road front we can expect to see a sub 1000g Super Six SL, new Synapse design, and they will have a CAAD9 entry level down into the 800 dollar range.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    Only thing I have heard for sure is that we can expect price increases
    Well, in Europe, the Early intro models (e.g. the 2009 Rush models) are a lot cheaper (you can get a 2009 Rush 1 Early Intro for only 100 EUR more than a 2008 Rush 2...

Has everything to do with the currency exchange rates (strong EUR) IMO.

LA CH»VRE
    Price increases should hit most brands due to increased material costs and shipping costs (you know, the gas thing, not only to ship bikes once they are built but shipping parts/components, shipping raw materials...).

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mad aussie
    Its not just Cannondale raising prices in the US, we are seeing prices go up for components and pretty much everything from distributors. For example the Scalpel 2 which was a 5K bike will now be closer to 5 1/2K and the Scalpel team will go up about 500 dollars. So dont expect shops to discount 08 inventory too much.

Kevin

mtbr member
    May 2007
    BB30 29er?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    Its not just Cannondale raising prices in the US, we are seeing prices go up for components and pretty much everything from distributors. For example the Scalpel 2 which was a 5K bike will now be closer to 5 1/2K and the Scalpel team will go up about 500 dollars. So dont expect shops to discount 08 inventory too much.

Kevin
    At least is not as bad as Specialized. I read a post today that their new S-works Epic is going to be around $9,400 or something around.

LA CH»VRE
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    At least is not as bad as Specialized. I read a post today that their new S-works Epic is going to be around $9,400 or something around.
    I have heard Specialized will have an average of 20% increase for 2009!
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 07-01-2008 at 08:22 PM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    mtb sistem six?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

6-Works

Wow! $9,400 + Tax. I think this is getting out of hand! Don't get me wrong, I like to see new designs & technology, but at what price? $10k for a bike? I think we need a reality check! Unless there is something that is totaly diff, I don't think many people will buy NEW bikes, but rather opt for an older bike/frame & customise to there budget? I beleive the new Epic will de-value the old design epic. There will be alot of old epics going for cheap?
    I was wondering if Cannondale was coming out with something new before looking at the used market? I think i'm seeing a trend that is not good for New buyers.

What ever happened to that 6-Works bike??????
    There should be a somewhat custom pgm with a few opt's such as Frame colour/ Groupo set/ Fork/Wheels???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scarsellone
    Wow! $9,400 + Tax. I think this is getting out of hand! Don't get me wrong, I like to see new designs & technology, but at what price? $10k for a bike? I think we need a reality check! Unless there is something that is totaly diff, I don't think many people will buy NEW bikes, but rather opt for an older bike/frame & customise to there budget? I beleive the new Epic will de-value the old design epic. There will be alot of old epics going for cheap?
    I was wondering if Cannondale was coming out with something new before looking at the used market? I think i'm seeing a trend that is not good for New buyers.
    [SIZE=2]Well you donít have to get the S-works, or even better donít buy Specialized.

Iím going to tell you a little secret, the only thing thatís going down in value is my ****ing house!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    [SIZE=2]

Iím going to tell you a little secret, the only thing thatís going down in value is my ****ing house!
    [/SIZE]
    No secret there its the same all over the UK. Whilst production costs are going up peoples ability to pay is not keeping pace here. Its already sale time on 2008 bikes here eg 20% off an '08 F6 disc! If the Chinese ever start hanging onto the stuff they make for themselves we'll all have to start walking!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I went by a brand-x bike demo last weekend on my carbon rush and the rep stated that he had seen a new carbon rush recently at a bike show and that the rear swingarm (chainstay/seatstay) was made of carbon fiber but they have not been released to the public because of problems with the steel inserts coming loose? Any idea if this info is accurate?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyd
    BB30 29er?
    unofficially, yes. there are a few out there already. stay tuned to the word leaking from dealer meetings happening this week in park city.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy78
    mtb sistem six?
    check out the 2008 catalog: there's a bike in there called 'scalpel'. They make it in carbon too. With a System Six front triangle

FIRENZE rulez !!
    today in italy on GARDA lake there is a 2009 models presentation

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    today in italy on GARDA lake there is a 2009 models presentation
    Well, Eliflap, then you have the moral duty to go over there, take pictures, and post them here!!!

We count on you!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Rush SL??

The 2009 Early Intro models feature a Rush Carbon SL frame for the lefty equiped models and a 'normal' Rush Carbon frame for the non-lefty models. Is there any difference in the frames between the 2 or is 'SL' note only used to point out the Lefty models. The frames seem identical to me.

http://www.probike.be/article.php3?id_article=418

I wonder if they will keep the Rush as is for 2009, or that we may seem something new. Both the Scalpel and Prophet (in a sence) have been followed by a hinged single-pivot design. I can imagine something like the current Rush front triangle combined with a Rize rear. Maye Eliflap can shed some more light on this wiht pictures of the new 2009 models.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Andrea. Send us a report & if possible some pic's!
    Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    is the rush carbon SL frame lighter than the 2008 model? i guess it's composed of a lighter carbon fiber material or composite that is why the SL Carbon 1 is already expensive with compared to the rush carbon team replica 2008 where the parts are top of the line. The SL carbon are just equipped with avid juicy 5's and shimano xt's.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Prices seem to be getting totally ridiculous. When you can walk into a motorcycle dealer and get a brand new Ducati for less than a bicycle, there's something wrong. And I know all about economies of scale, which is why I picked a niche manufacturer compared to Honda, Yamaha, etc. Hell, I have an MV Agusta that didn't cost much more than that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.daquil
    is the rush carbon SL frame lighter than the 2008 model? i guess it's composed of a lighter carbon fiber material or composite
    jips. that's what my LBS confirmed me!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Maybe the frame is lighter than last year but I'd say the SL designation is because of the carbon or Lefty forks. It doesn't make sense to produce 2 different carbon frames of the same model. I don't think bean counters would like it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Rush Frames

Any word on whether or not the rear suspension section on the new Rushes will be made of CF? I was told by another bike mfr rep that Cannondale has a CF rear section. Who knows?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Maybe the frame is lighter than last year but I'd say the SL designation is because of the carbon or Lefty forks. It doesn't make sense to produce 2 different carbon frames of the same model. I don't think bean counters would like it.
    Still, thats the case: the SL frame is said to use a different sort of carbon and construction that makes the frame 100 gr lighter

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast