mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cannondale 2004 paint schemes. What would you choose. ?

I mailed Cannondale a few months back and was informed that you could order a bike in any colour in their pallete.

Restrictions where that you couldnt have the team colors unless your bike was a team issue etc.

So looking at my Cannondale brochure today I have seen some sweet colours.

What about a Team Scalel in Speed Yellow.

or an F4000sl in SoBeGreen.

or a Jeckyll 3000 in Topaz Blue w pearl hyperlight. And matching paint on the leftys. All colour coded like the Kleins of old.

What colour would you want your bike in.

mtbr member
    I love the flat black of the current jekyll 1000, but like the look and durability of the polished frame like on the jekyll 2000, but my all time favorite cannondale paintjob was the tribal pain scheme on the 02 f 600's, they also used it on some others, but it had a matching seat and all, it was so awesome.

LA CHÈVRE
    There was a wooden paint job a few years back... It was a F1000 I think.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    I love the matte black, but my '95 F600 was Matte Panama Blue and the absolute nicest powdercoat I've ever seen. I hated the 2003 colors so I put off getting a new bike until the 2004s were available. I was so glad that the matte black happened to be on the model I wanted. Most people who comment on my bike say it looks "very serious". I like that.

Trying to find Flow

I have this bike

Quote Originally Posted by dogwood
    I love the matte black, but my '95 F600 was Matte Panama Blue and the absolute nicest powdercoat I've ever seen. I hated the 2003 colors so I put off getting a new bike until the 2004s were available. I was so glad that the matte black happened to be on the model I wanted. Most people who comment on my bike say it looks "very serious". I like that.

and I think it looks really nice in the flesh, especially when matched with some shiny Dura Ace parts, Thompson silver seatpost and Michelin powder blue Prorace tires. I've considered getting a Scalpel in this color

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/c...del-2RR9T.html

ceteris paribus
    I like the color scheme on the 2002 or 2001 scalpel 3000, it was polished aluminum with the letters in (gree bay packer)yellow/green + white. When I bought my frame I got it on those colours.

Are you talking to me?

That was not paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    There was a wooden paint job a few years back... It was a F1000 I think.
    The woody job was actually a very good water decal, like on model planes and cars. There was a write up on the process a couple of years ago. I thought it was the coolest thing.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Raw paint on Jekyll 400

Hi,
    I also like the Matt Black on the 1000 jekyll, but I am also quite a fan of the Raw aluminium look on the Jekyll 400. Does anyone know if these paint jobs are less durable than the traditional glossy paint?

Also, does anyone know how much longer does it take to order a bike with a different colour to the stock colour?