mtbr member

Can I buy a Lefty?

Well I bought an 06 Prophet 400 a while back since I got a nice deal on it. At the time I didn't feel like spending the extra $500-600 to get a new 07 Prophet 5 since my local shop didn't have any more 600s to give me a discount on. I knew I was going to swap the mechanical brakes that the 400 and even 600/5 models come with for hydros I already had; although the avid bbs are nice. I also wasn't impressed with the cranks so I knew I'd swap that and change the gears/shifters as they wore out. I got a deal on a swinger 3-way shock from Santa Cruz bikes that only cost me about $40 after selling the radium. In the end I justified not getting the Lefty to save myself money on components I wasn't going to use and I was more focused on just getting the frame. Now I wish I hadn't. Is there any way I can buy a Lefty? I haven't talked to my bike shop but I've heard it's really expensive. I'd also just be looking to get the Lefty max fluid flow or TPC, not the hi-end carbon version.

mtbr member
    There is lefty upgrade program here in UK (http://gb.cannondale.com/upgrade/), maybe you have something similar similar on the other side of the pond?

mtbr member
    search ebay. i've seen many there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    If you do get one, get the TPC version, not the fluid flow. TPC is a far superior damping system.

mtbr member
    It is very easy to convert the fluid flow model to a TPC. You will have to buy a the TPC damper and blue knob though, but the conversion is straight forward - I did it.

It would be cheaper to get a TPC in the first place though.
    [SIZE="3"]Idlefrog[/SIZE]

2008 Trek Fuel EX8
    2006 Orange P7 Pro