Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009

Can a 2009 Lefty Max 130 PBR be converted to...

100-110mm travel for 29er usage???

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    100-110mm travel for 29er usage???
    Yep....I don't know if there is a kit out there but travel reduction is only some spacers to keep the strut from compressing all the way keeping the tire from hitting the lower lefty clamp....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    That's what I thought but I didn't want to drop that kind of money on a fork that wouldn't work. Thanks!

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    yes....

check out steven's new lenz in the 29er forum. i think the post is a few days old.

also, i have a 09 pbr on my 29er. it is a 130mm, and i have it limited to 100mm....crown to axle is 500mm without sag.

i used the stock cannondale travel spacers, 3 of them. and, i added two elastomers in the air chamber under the damper cartridge....this helps keeps travel progressive.

if you do not add the elastomers in air chamber, the fork will go thru travel really quick, it will not ramp up at the end.

the elastomers i used were cane creek thud buster elastomers....i had to shave down the sides a little so i could drop them into the chamber. if i ever have to fish them out, it is easy....there is a hole down the center of them and you can fish them out with a long wheel spoke.

fork feels great though.....i am about 170 riding weight and i am running 125psi in the fork. i had to play with the air quite a bit to get it running nicely. the stock oil weight feels pretty nice as well. in the past, i have felt that the oil wieght c-dale uses is a quite thin, bit the range on my pbr's rebound feels pretty wide and i am running the rebound right in the middle of the range.

there is a thread in the 29er forum a few months old that has a pictorial for the pbr 29er conversion. here is a shot of my bike from earlier this week....

"forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Thanks guys! I pulled the trigger and it's on its way

ADIDAB
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    Thanks guys! I pulled the trigger and it's on its way
    Good choice... you won't regret it...
    My LBS | Riding this and this

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I talked to Craig at Mendoncycle and will be converting my PBR to 110mm travel this weekend I just have to wait on the thing to show up...

Steve_N, I'm "upgrading" from a Speed Carbon SL 29er just for the added travel. My new Scott 29er is designed around 100mm, not 80mm like my old Cannondale F29er One.