wjs
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Good job! Caffeine 3 ( 007 )

Hi all,

I just got myself a C-dale caffeine 3 2007, the one with X9-FSA V-drive MegaExo- and Juicy 5 brakes, I mention this cause there are more caffeine 3 models here in Europe. The bike looks great in grey. Took it out for a spin this morning and the bike handleís perfectly. I got myself a size L, and Iím 1.79 m tall, nice and comfortable.
    Only I donít like the handlebar on it, itís a bit wide, 70 cm, wonder if I can saw like 3 cm both ends off! Brakes are a bit weak too, but maybe thatís goes they are new!
    Anyway, so far so good!
    See you!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I bought an F3 this summer too. Really love it. My brakes (BB-7 mechanicals) started out kind weak too, then they seemed to break in. I especially like the Headshok.

wjs
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hi,

Avid bb7 brakes, they came originally with your bike? I noticed different setups in different countries, well like you mentioned, maybe they brake in later!
    What do you think of the handle bar? I think itís a bit wide (70 cm!), anyway itís wider then my BeOne I used to have, maybe I saw like 2 or 3 cm (1 inch) off both sides.
    I wanne change the tires as swell, I slipped today
    For the rest: great bike, the fatty works good, but I noticed that some had problems with the fatty! I hate problems like that, I just wane ride!

See you!