mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Caffeine 1 29er ???'s

Does anybody have an accurate weight for the a Caff.1 29er in large ? Sounds kinda like a drink order at Starbucks. I'm also looking for the US MSRP's for the 2009's. Any one have a link.
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Not sure about the weight on the Caffeine 1 but I took an 06 Caffeine 29er and made it come in under 25 lbs for a pretty reasonable price. It's such an amazing bike. Just cant say enough good things about it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalcuz
    Not sure about the weight on the Caffeine 1 but I took an 06 Caffeine 29er and made it come in under 25 lbs for a pretty reasonable price. It's such an amazing bike. Just cant say enough good things about it.
    What did you do to lighten it up?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Supposed to be 22 or 23lbs out of the box. $3000.

banned
    Sep 2004
    they say 23.5 out of the box. this is not accurate. mine weighs 23.1 with hollowgram si cranks, x.0 shifters/derailleur, candy 4ti's, ec90 carbon bar, etc. it is more like 25lbs out of box with pedals. this will be remedied a bit when they start putting the OPI lefty lowers on the fork. mine came as a 08 lefty carbon sl. they said we can send the forks back and have the new lowers installed soon for a small price. maybe for no charge, who knows.

so far though, i am very very very happy with my f29 1. you should definitely buy it.

jg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Anyone know when these will be available as framesets? I've heard end of next month but I'm not sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grimes_joseph
    they say 23.5 out of the box. this is not accurate. mine weighs 23.1 with hollowgram si cranks, x.0 shifters/derailleur, candy 4ti's, ec90 carbon bar, etc. it is more like 25lbs out of box with pedals. this will be remedied a bit when they start putting the OPI lefty lowers on the fork. mine came as a 08 lefty carbon sl. they said we can send the forks back and have the new lowers installed soon for a small price. maybe for no charge, who knows.

so far though, i am very very very happy with my f29 1. you should definitely buy it.

jg
    The XL's have the OPI fork on them.................pity mines a large

To be honest, I didn't even realise, till I built up a XL at work also, and noticed the difference.
    Mines 23.7 with Next SL flat bars, , next seatpost, Speshy Phenom seat, , XTR shifters, and I put some weight back in with some proper pedals in XT's

mtbr member
    May 2008
    im building my 07 caffine 29er SS. its going to be ridicilously awesome. monkey lite bars, race face cranks, nokon brakelines. it looks amazing!

banned
    Sep 2004
    this is a horrible picture, but here it is on a recent nightride. its 24.something lbs with these monster tires, but there was snow on the ground earlier in that ride...

Last edited by grimes_joseph; 12-31-2008 at 06:27 PM.