Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Can't stop the Prophet

Cable guide inserts.

Can anyone tell me if there is an online site to purchase those little plastic cable guide inserts for my 08 Prophet?
    (begin sad violin music)
    When I took my frame and components to the LBS they lost 3 of them and cut the rest of them in order to install them.
    Now I am not picky but my cables fall out of the guides and it just looks silly. I wish I would have noticed the electrical tape they used as a substitute when I went to pick up my bike. What pisses me off the most is I handed them the bag and said "here are the cable guide inserts, be careful not to lose them as I do not have any extras".
    (end sad violin music)

Please do not refer me to my LBS as they are a bunch of idiots that have never seen a Cannondale before in their lives and will definetly never see mine again. I am on an island in Greece and the closest Cannondale dealer is a 10 hour (not going to happen) boat ride or 1 hour plane ride away.

LA CHÈVRE
    Most shops stock these things, no need to be a Cannondale dealer.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Most shops don't stock them. They are the sort of things shops wouldn't bother with unless someone ordered them. I got mine from a german site that stocks all things Cannondale. Probably a bit pricey if you're in the States though.

Have a look here. You could get a delivery to Greece easily.

Here's the link http://www.cannondale-parts.de/epage...inbike/Prophet

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    sticky velcro is a good solution, i used it on my Prophet, just cut some very small bits and push them in to the little slots then stick the opposite bit around the outer casing.
    try using the soft half of the velcro on the cable as i found it formed around the cable outer better. give it a go, very cheap from any hardware shop.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    If the lbs lost them then they should have to replace them.

Can't stop the Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by dypeterc
    If the lbs lost them then they should have to replace them.

HAHAHAAA You have obviously never been to Greece.

It took them 15 days to have an Avid hose kit sent from mainland Athens so that they could install my rear brake. They told me that they order all of their brakes to size according to length needed.

Was really looking for an online Cannondale dealer but I think the Velcro trick should. Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have been eyeing the inserts that are actual cable stops. Instead of those stupid split things that come oe. They are fit in the frame stop, but will catch the housing so that you could either run the nokon aluminum outer housing, or individual housings cut to length, instead of a whole length of housing. I had some pretty heavy cable rub, that went unnoticed, and wouldn't have been a problem if not for those bloody split cable guide things. Don't know where you would get them, but my lbs stocks c-dale, and has them in the little treasure trays in the shop.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, I don't have a direct reseller source for European countries but Jagwire (www.jagwireusa.com) Has everything you're looking for. They do not sell direct, but you should be able to find a European reseller from their site.

http://www.jagwireusa.com/index.php/contactus

IMHO there's no substitute.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    'Don't understand how c'dale can make such good frames, then be so derelict in providing necessary parts. I found out the frustrating way when I got a replacement frame and could not fit the 5mm housings to the oversized braze-ons which are 7 or 8mm diameter. c'dale frame did not come with any adapters. Only the downtube brazeon for the front derailleur cable is 5mm. After many online searches and phone calls, found out c'dale part number for 'top hat' stop to fit oversized brazeon is KF014. KF014 is for segmented housings and holds the 5mm end cap in place. For continuous single housings, part number is KF086. KF086 is for full length housings without end caps. Just like brows141 in Greece, I will have to wait many days and drive to an undesirable location to get a simple part that should have been included with the frame (which took over 4 weeks).

LA CHÈVRE
    Most (good) bike shops have those guides in stock.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    I think they do it so you can run full housing if you want to.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    My Rize frame swap had about 8 of them attached to the frame in a bag. It also had 8 cable patch things (clear). It had the hydro guides too.

If your lbs does not have them, Treefortbikes.com has them
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    now I also need those cable guides. Seems like no store has it, and ebay as well. Can somebody recommend where to get it (a store must have worldwide shipping).
    Thanks ))

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Dibbs_
    not an option for me. They do not ship to Kazakhstan ))

mtbr member
    if you like full length housing then Jagwire DCA072 guide should work (see http://www.jagwireusa.com/index.php/.../accessories/).

I did not try them myself but they look like what I have on my Rize.

bikeman.com sells them

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_k
    if you like full length housing then Jagwire DCA072 guide should work (see http://www.jagwireusa.com/index.php/.../accessories/).

I did not try them myself but they look like what I have on my Rize.

bikeman.com sells them
    yes, they do, but guides are out of stock...

any more suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    yeah i need them too...i even tried to contact jagwire...but got condescendingly minimal support by email ["Did you try your lbs?']..
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I feel you pain my friend. Those damn cable guides can be a pain in the ass to find!

You may want to try this site:

http://bike-parts.at-cost.org/disc-b...cs-dca072.html

Let me know if you still have a problem sourcing them. I can try and get them from my local LBS and send them to you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi, I ordered 5.5mm Jagwire inserts from bikeman.com (a set of 50psc!!!), but I did not get them yet. I will post here, when i'll have them.
    Hope 5.5mm will fit Rize frame )))

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    maybe they just dont make these anymore....so i wonder do the frame builders design the frame with this product in mind...or do the part makers make these afterwards....anyway, my prophet and gemini both use these...the problem is i need like 10 for my gemini...maybe i can mcguyver these from a piece of just the right diameter tubing
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yeah I need these damn things too. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a 50 pack when I don't need nearly that many. I just used frikkin tape.

Can't stop the Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetik
    yeah I need these damn things too. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a 50 pack when I don't need nearly that many. I just used frikkin tape.
    How much does the 50-pack go for?? Maybe we could split em 50-50. I need enough to do 2 bikes now!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    yeah, where did you guys find a place to buy them...let me get in on the deal

Can't stop the Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantane
    yeah, where did you guys find a place to buy them...let me get in on the deal

Group Buy!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast