mtbr member
    Jun 2009

C-Dale Jekyll 600 questions.

I have a 2003 Cannondale Jekyll. It came with the Lefty Jake fork with 105mm of travel. Well I've been starting to want a little more travel for my riding (120-130.. maybe 140) because this shock is pretty rough over stuff and the Jake is beginning to make less and less sense since I can't add travel to it. Well I've been thinking about getting a Recon or Tora. Now how would this make the bike? Would I be able to sell my lefty? And for how much? My final question that may mix things up is what if I went 650b in the front. Would this give the similar feeling of "travel" it would be cheeper but would I get that plushness that I want? Any help would be great. Thanks, Preston

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've just switched from my 130mm Pace RC41's to some 140mm Rocksshoxx Revelations on my '04 Jekyll 600. It originally came with a 120mm manitou black and I've raised the stem height right up to echo the position of my Rocky Mountains to give me a nice high front end. I'm using an FSA ZR orbit 1.5 to 1 1/8" internal reducer headset to keep the front end low and it rides great.

I think a fork upgrade alone will give you want you want - the difference between an 03 and '10 fork will be night and day.

Rich

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    If you buy a Recon or Tora, you'll also need a new wheel, headset and stem.
    Why not look for a newer long travel Lefty?
    The Jake is a very basic Lefty.