Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Ridin' dirty!

... and if we just ... Brand new 2008 cannondale catalog!!!!

For all of you that are curious about the 2008 cannondale bikes....Got a catalog today. Ask me which bike you want more info for and I'll scan and post it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

jin
    mtbr member
    How about the Perp when you get a chance. Thanks!

People of zee wurl,Relax!

29er Singlespeed

I'd like to see the F29 Singlespeed with parts spec.
    Less Talk, More Rock.
    http://www.peakmtb.com

Like catnip for people
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac
    For all of you that are curious about the 2008 cannondale bikes....Got a catalog today. Ask me which bike you want more info for and I'll scan and post it!
    The whole thing! PLEASE!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Post top of page 19 .... - best MTB advertisement I have seen.....(M. Lee carrying his bike)
    title: " REASON TO BUY CARBON BIKE"
    Last edited by c'dale; 08-15-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Ridin' dirty!

Ridin' dirty!

jin
    mtbr member
    Thank You!

Ridin' dirty!

mtbr member
    Man, never thought I'd say such a thing, but Cannondale gave me ENOUGH reasons to DON'T BUY a Prophet anymore. They've killed it. It's dead and buried. Shame. Better they really have something to replace this bike.

Cdalemaniac, can you post the new Rushes for us to see the new colors and set-ups?

Ridin' dirty!
    This is the last one for tonite.... Check back when yall' get the chance since I'll try my best to get the whole cataloge in here.

Ridin' dirty!
    The rush should be already posted. Along with the Hardtails and scalpels....maybe the server is too slow...you can also access the pictures by clicking on my eagle icon and then go to "all pictures posted by this member". This should bring all pictures up.

Ridin' dirty!
    U R right blackronin....here are some more pics... for some reason I missed 10 pages

Ridin' dirty!
    Here are the last 5 I have... check back tomorrow for more great pics!

Like catnip for people
    You rock.

I'm liking the Rush 2 in Blue, looks tre nice. 3Z as well, the white fox accents well...

I'm feeling a real sense of mourning over the prophet, especially the lefty... *goes and cries in the corner*

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    anyone have any idea of the price points for the new rush's? or even the old ones...? thanks

LA CHÈVRE
    Perps are beauties! Stealth and mean looking... But...

Somehow, I find this page a bit funny, not sure I would have picked that top photo... you know, with the Lefty Max...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

I like to ride my bike.
    Without the Lefty on the Prophet, the bike looks normal...and I don't like normal. Fox Forx are the Flexiest things I've ever ridden...

The paint jobs just look recycled...cdalemaniac...you are a hero to many. Thank you.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

El Pollo Diablo
    am I the only one that finds the picture of the rush being carried more than a little ironic?

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot, Cdalemaniac! I agree with RideFaster, congratulations on your efforts to bring us the new catalog!

The Prophet doesn't look normal, it looks DESTROYED. They simply downgraded it to the ground. Alivio parts on the Prophet 4?!? Gotta be f***ing kidding me.

Anyway, the Rush 1 is out, but nice surprise they upgraded the Rush 2 with XTR wheels and brakes. That will be my choice. And the Fox internals in the Speedy Carbon RLC just turned me on. That should cover, but I'll sadly miss the extra 30mm squish.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMongoose
    am I the only one that finds the picture of the rush being carried more than a little ironic?
    I have never seen Matthew Lee on a Rush. I believe that's a 29er he is carrying. He is well known for racing the Great Divide Trail.

Is the Taurine available in 2008?

Is the Caffeine frameset redesigned for 2008?

El Pollo Diablo
    apache: either way, if I were making a catalog, I wouldn't include pictures of anything aimed at climbing, being carried, even if the picture involved something unrideable.
    :P

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

No More Lefty 140 Max!!!!???????

WTF? What's going to happen if you already own a Lefty 140 Max and you need parts? Why would they do this to their loyal customers? This sucks! Why would they kill off the Prophet? It's obvious that 2008 will be it's final year. Just look at the paint jobs. They suck. Cannondale is screwing up!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marclan
    WTF? What's going to happen if you already own a Lefty 140 Max and you need parts? Why would they do this to their loyal customers? This sucks! Why would they kill off the Prophet? It's obvious that 2008 will be it's final year. Just look at the paint jobs. They suck. Cannondale is screwing up!!!!!!!

Wow man! Slow down...take a deep breath... swig a beer. Now think about the bikes that are coming out later in the year. You still have hope and they probably still have parts for the Max. If you're not at ease please repeat the above mentioned process.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

No Lefty - No Cannondale

Having been a loyal Cannondale owner for over 8 years and with five C bikes in the garage, I am now starting to look elsewhere.

I don't buy a new bike every year, but when I do, I research it and buy what I consider is the best. My wife and I have a Prophet 4000 ('05 model) and it's the perfect bike. Light, efficient, plenty of travel and very well speced.

Look at the specs on the new Prophet 1 - it better be cheap !!!

I've had a Lefty for years and apart from the way it works (exceptional) it's been great having something that was a bit unique - The Lefty is always a talking point and I love the way it works.

My father has a Rush 2000, and yes they are a great bike, but for me the OLD prophet was a fantastic bike and I was looking forward to my next Prophet (carbon frame with an improved Lefty) - yes, I was dreaming, but that's what Cannondale's management should do - dream about what could have been and make it happen.

They've lost me

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    ...and Taurine?

Any given singletrack!
    ANd what's with those 130 trail carbon and 160 big mounatin bikes??? Are they also in the catalog???

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for posting the pics!

Could you please scan the geometry-charts also?

The Prophet seem a little higher up front in the pics, I wonder if the use the MX-frame or the regular?
    Anyone know the axle-crown height of the Fox 32 mm forks - I didnt find it on Foxs website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    What about the Taurine?
    GT Tequesta
    GT Zaskar Race
    C'dale Taurine
    C' dale Rush Carbon

mtbr member
    Great post!! Thanks!

7hz
    Old newbie
    F4, 5, 6 ,7 all look to be Korean or whatever.

Catalog looks boring. Takes about 10 pages to even get to a Cannondale fork.

Corporate, safe, no innovation, hype, cheap :-(

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by cstdvd70e02
    ...and Taurine?
    Here you go:

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 7hz

You guys f'ing kill me. I would like to know what you make because if you consider 6500 dollar mtn bikes and nearly 7000 dollar road bikes cheap, I want your job!!! Lack of innovation? How about a 100mm travel bike with no pivot points? How does that work? Hype? How about 4 months of e-speculation on what the Scalpel will look like, ride like, weigh? The only thing you might have gotten right is corporate. Yes Cannondale is a bike Company, that needs to support 600 plus employees and thousands of bikes shops and hundreds of thousands of customers. Is there a crime in making a product that can keep Cannondale in bike shops and allow the company to run from now into the future?

Cannondale applies their technology where it is most needed, where it makes the biggest difference. If a void filler ('08 prophets) can be made more consumer friendly by putting a conventional fork on it, then well it needs to be done. I can pretty much guarantee the lefty is not dead. I suggest opening your minds a little bit, and stop being a bunch of Sheeple (stole that from scion) and think for yourselves. Don't just jump on the hater bandwagon because you think it is cool. Recognize Cannondale for what it is. One of the greatest bike companies in the world just trying to make a product that everyone in every financial bracket can afford and enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    You guys f'ing kill me. I would like to know what you make because if you consider 6500 dollar mtn bikes and nearly 7000 dollar road bikes cheap, I want your job!!! Lack of innovation? How about a 100mm travel bike with no pivot points? How does that work? Hype? How about 4 months of e-speculation on what the Scalpel will look like, ride like, weigh? The only thing you might have gotten right is corporate. Yes Cannondale is a bike Company, that needs to support 600 plus employees and thousands of bikes shops and hundreds of thousands of customers. Is there a crime in making a product that can keep Cannondale in bike shops and allow the company to run from now into the future?

Cannondale applies their technology where it is most needed, where it makes the biggest difference. If a void filler ('08 prophets) can be made more consumer friendly by putting a conventional fork on it, then well it needs to be done. I can pretty much guarantee the lefty is not dead. I suggest opening your minds a little bit, and stop being a bunch of Sheeple (stole that from scion) and think for yourselves. Don't just jump on the hater bandwagon because you think it is cool. Recognize Cannondale for what it is. One of the greatest bike companies in the world just trying to make a product that everyone in every financial bracket can afford and enjoy!
    word, i agree but they have a road bike that will cost 10k. the super six ultimate. 56cm weighs 13.8lbs w/o pedals
    one pedal stroke at a time

mtbr member
    man the Rush 3 is now Carbon... How much do you think the rush carbon frames will cost??
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    I think Cannondale's new owners aren't satisfied with the number of bikes they sell and has decided to go "conventional" so they can ship more bikes. They would rather sell 50 Alivio spec'd bikes than 1 X0. I for one probably won't buy a "conventional" Cannondale dumbed down to appease the masses.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Everybody has a personal favorite. (I am still hoping they come out with a Beast of the East inspired bike.)

From what I am seeing in this catalog, it looks like Cannondale is answering with what actually sells. They would never cut back on models that were selling well. Yes, the Prophet has been cut back but the 29'er crowd is getting what they have been asking for. The Rush is as strong as ever. People buying bikes are making the decision on what is offered and it looks like the people have spoken.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pdm362
    man the Rush 3 is now Carbon... How much do you think the rush carbon frames will cost??
    The european Rush 3 model 2007 was already only available in carbon...

In Europe (region Belgium), a Rush Carbon 3 model 2007 costs 3.549 EUR; but that price is no indication for the price on the USA market.

The catalog price for a Rush carbon frame + Lefty SL is 2.899 EUR; But a discount of 10% à 15% is not exceptional

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsguy
    I think Cannondale's new owners aren't satisfied with the number of bikes they sell and has decided to go "conventional" so they can ship more bikes. They would rather sell 50 Alivio spec'd bikes than 1 X0. I for one probably won't buy a "conventional" Cannondale dumbed down to appease the masses.
    Bike shops have Specialized, Trek and Giant that say if you drop Cannondale we'll give you XYZ. Bike shops say well Cannondale aren't a complete brand so it won't affect our business to lose them. Now Cannondale has everything and bike shops won't stand for the other big 3 or 4 bullying them into dropping the smallest of the "big brand" bikes.

Check out this post by Carl Buchanan on why he really digs Cannondale now. It might show you a bit of the shops perspective on things...

http://carlosdajackal.blogspot.com/2...for-2008s.html

-Ron

LA CHÈVRE
    Most people complaining about Cannondale doing this, Cannondale doing that, complaining that it's not what it used to be like old hippies obviously have no clues on how a big company is run...

Ridin' dirty!
    Well, I do recognize cannondale as a great bike company...but: Quality has its price! I think it's a BAD IDEA to have a lot of the "cheaper" bikes made in Asia! I think it's the same with automobiles! You WILL NEVER SEE a Rolls Royce, Bentley or Ferrari being manufactured in Taiwan only to boost sales numbers by producing them cheaper!
    Every bike that doesn't carry the "Handmade in USA" logo will now be made out of country! When you look at the current line, a lot of bikes don't have this sought after logo anymore!
    AND AS FAR AS THE "NEW' PROPHET" GOES I THINK WITHOUT THE LEFTY YOU CAN'T REALLY SELL THIS BIKE AS INNOVATIVE ANYMORE! WITH A REGULAR FORK IT'LL BE JUST A NORMAL SINGLE PIVOT BIKE LIKE SO MANY OTHERS! THE LEFTY COMPENSATED FOR A SINGLE PIVOT, SINCE THERE ARE A LOT OF MANUFACTURERS OUT THERE THAT PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO A GREAT WORKING REAR SUSPENSION DESIGN LIKE SPECIALIZED AND GIANT AND OTHERS! My Prophet only weights a tack over 27 lbs.... that's with the stock handlebar, heavy thompson seatpot and fizik saddle, 2.4 wide tires, "heavy" Crossland wheels with 7" rotor in the front and juicy 7 brakes! What makes it so well balanced and light is without a doubt the carbon lefty max. I just see it from this point of view: Imagine you're a customer like 6 months ago...going to your local cannondale shop were they preach the system integration....you spend $1,500.- for a lefty max carbon because it's the best there is and will be...6 months later the same shop tells you how crappy they are...too many problems etc. and you're better off with a standard fork for freeriding/allmountain biking... well I'd be one pissed mother$%^&@! All we can hope for is that the engineers at cannondale are working on something to replace the lefty max with a unique design of their own and simply couldn't meet the deadline for the 2008 catalog. That makes sense too me... remember: cannondale had a similar "dilemma" before: Moto 120! That fork was the opposite of what cannondale preached since it was a regular upside down fork and they only designed it to have a long travel fork with a HeadShok logo so that Missy Giovy and others wouldn't have their bikes spec'd with Rock Shox Fork at world cup races for too long! As soon as the lefty was out they dumped the MOTO 120 design! We'll see in '09. Right now the Prophet is just a niche product and I bet for 2009 it'll be revised with a new kind of fork and a stiffer rearsuspension. They already stiffened the rear end on the rush swingarm because it was too flexy!

7hz
    Old newbie
    Sorry to be so negative about this company, but I am really pissed at my freakin *******, sorry, headshok fatty, not working, and worried I have a duff product that is going to either spill air, or oil, or both, because of crappy manufacturing.

Anyone got further info? I am just going by the MADE IN THE USA on the stays.

True, no? I mean, whats the point of being a innovator, making your own design of forks, of you are only going to put them on 1/3 of your bikes?

Big deal on the 100mm travel, the bikes look cheap, well, some of them anyway, they look like cookie cutter me-too bikes same as specialised, giant, huffys :-) Paint jobs are uninspiring.

Hype - all new, we made the tubes larger and thinner!!.. lol, is this 1992?

Safe - where is the freak out frames? Where is the crazy suspension stuff?

Corporate - no feeling.

Don't get me wrong, some of the bikes are great, the Taurines look fine (mind you, the one with the Fatty has no freakin air in it in the photo... hmmm)

I totally understand Cannondale are between a rock and a hard place now, either they swim with Specialised etc, or sink into boutique. I just think they have compromised too much (terrible quality control, ditching lefty max, asian production) and that has taken the soul out of the product, maaaaaan
    Last edited by CdaleTony; 08-16-2007 at 04:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Most people complaining about Cannondale doing this, Cannondale doing that, complaining that it's not what it used to be like old hippies obviously have no clues on how a big company is run...

It seems odd to me that people are complaining about parts picks on lower models. I haven't looked at the parts pick of each level of each bike, but basically it looks like they pretty much have a wide range of price points. I think that is the most important thing, if you cannot sale to a variety of lifestyles then you are limiting your success. Generally people with more money get to spend more on their bikes, therefore, they get the more expensive hardware. Any seasoned rider has his preference of parts and no company is going to have all of one person's favorite parts on any one model. If the shifters are right the seat will be wrong and so on. So everyone should just buy the one fits their money to parts preference ratio best and then just change stuff as it breaks or hopefully wears out. If they decide to switch brands they are going to run into the same issues at that other brand. The only gripe I am somewhat sensitive to is the no lefty max one. I personally don't have one, but I can see that bumming some people out. I was bummed out when they axed the 2x9 spiders, but now they are back. So there's hope for you lefty max people too!

mtbr member
    I for one am glad the Lefty is off the Prophet; never interested me. That said, I wonder if this model will survive past next year. The Perp seems to be gaining steam as that all-around AM/FR/DH model and the Rush may fill the gap behind.

mtbr member
    P.S. In that photo, who was riding a Prophet at the DH course at Sea Otter?

Ridin' dirty!
    O.K. my fellow cannondale "lovers"... Here are the last pictures I'm about to post and the Geometry charts. Since this is a mtb forum I don't worry about the road bikes too much unless someone wants to see a specific model. It's kinda interesting to see that cannondale still talks about their SI. I only see that on their top notch racing bikes though. And no cannondale philosophy in the catalog this time...hmmm
    Have fun with the following pics.

Ridin' dirty!

Ridin' dirty!
    Here are all the specifications: