mtbr member
    Apr 2012

BMC Sportelite SE01 Deore/SLX or Flash 3 Alloy 26er (2012)

Please help! Looking for advice. I am deciding between these 2 bikes as I want to get into mountain biking in Hong Kong. I have been biking mostly for fitness on flat paths so far and would continue this as well and hit the trails on weekends.

The issue I have is that I can get the BMC paying by monthly installments for 24 months and the bike costs US$1288, whereas the Flash 3 alloy costs US$1740 and I can only get that one financed for 12 months. So the BMC is much more attractive budget-wise, but I'm not sure if it's really as good or if it's equal to the Flash 3 alloy.

Appreciate any advice!!

mtbr member
    May 2007

F3 all the way

I'm no expert but I would go for the Cannondale Flash F3 alloy 26er. Lighter frame, fork is smoother and lighter. But I would not pay full price for the F3. You should be able to get it for at least $1500 or less. I have one on order and plan on doing some major upgrades to it and using it for my xc race rig. Cant wait to see it in person later this week. Hope to get it under 23lbs while still being trail and race ready and budget wise.