Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Urnicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    308

    best tires for rush with crosslands??

    I am wondering what the best tires are to run with a rush with crossland wheels....

    I ride XC singletrack usually dry, dusty and crumbly terrain.

    Edit: another factor is weight.... something lighter but still durable.

  2. #2
    Ridin' dirty!
    Reputation: cdalemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,899
    Check out the German made SCHWALBE RACING RALPH tires.
    I used them with latex tubes when I was in Texas and boy there awesome!
    I ran the 26x2.25 but on the mavic crosslands they looked almost like a 2.5 tire!!
    And they're only like 570grams each!
    Perfect for loose and dry conditions.
    Great cornering and very predictable.
    The UST version weights more than the above mentioned tire/tube combination I had.
    The latex tube was like 60grams.
    Sometimes you'll find them on eBay.
    Not a cheap tire, but really great!
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    148
    Maybe Maxxis larsen tt, crossmark or ignitor. I really like larsen, they are very fast rolling (i have 2.0). I turn the rear tire the wrong way, and it feels like it has better grip. On the other hand Ignitor are better than larsen in wot, but You are talking about dry..so I suggest larsen tt or cross mark.

  4. #4
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,575
    I love my Maxxis Ingnitor (front) and Crossmark (rear) combo. For dry and dusty conditions, you'd probably want the firmer tread or the eXCeption series. I ride in the exact opposite conditions as you, but for me, they've been awesome. Very little rolling resistance and get just enough grip.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Urnicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    308
    thanks.....

    what sucks is when you go to the maxxis website and look at these it says something like....

    "this tire is excellent for a variety of conditions, which is why it is used by many XC racers"

    for almost every tubless tire they offer....

    I wish it would say which tires are best for which conditions...... like a 5 star rating for several conditions..... rocks, mud, dry/dusty, etc....

  6. #6
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Urnicus
    thanks.....

    what sucks is when you go to the maxxis website and look at these it says something like....

    "this tire is excellent for a variety of conditions, which is why it is used by many XC racers"

    for almost every tubless tire they offer....

    I wish it would say which tires are best for which conditions...... like a 5 star rating for several conditions..... rocks, mud, dry/dusty, etc....
    I have their paper catalog which rates the Crossmark to be good in hard pack, loose over hard and medium.

    Ignitor to be good in loose over hard and medium, etc...I don't now if this is somewhere on their site. They don't have anything that says dry/dusty, but I would guess that hardpack, loose over hard and medium is what you are looking for. Also consider the Larsen TT as they consider it good for those conditions.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Urnicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster
    I have their paper catalog which rates the Crossmark to be good in hard pack, loose over hard and medium.

    Ignitor to be good in loose over hard and medium, etc...I don't now if this is somewhere on their site. They don't have anything that says dry/dusty, but I would guess that hardpack, loose over hard and medium is what you are looking for. Also consider the Larsen TT as they consider it good for those conditions.
    Well, "dry/dusty" was just an example..... looks like the catalog has what I am looking for... I will see if I can pick one up at my LBS.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KarlosPirahna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    387
    O/T, how are you finding the Crosslands ?

    I've just ordered a set for one of my Non-Cannondale bikes.

    Cheers.

  9. #9
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosPirahna
    O/T, how are you finding the Crosslands ?

    I've just ordered a set for one of my Non-Cannondale bikes.

    Cheers.
    I like mine, they have not come out of true and they are very stiff. Although...they do seem to be a bit heavy, so in time, I may upgrade. Other than that, they are decently priced and work fine.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •