mtbr member

best time of year to get NEW cheap cannondale rush?

What is the best time of year for deals?

What months do the new models come out?

I am trying to get a Rush 3..... what price can I expect to get one for if I am willing to wait?

mtbr member
    I am pretty sure the 08 are coming out at the end of July so your best bet would be the end of August. I am not sure if you can get the Rush 3 though. I am building one now and the cannondale factories have zero in stock in the blue color. the best thing is to go to your cannondale dealer now and tell them about your interest so they can help you out.
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    I do know that I bought my 05 Prophet around this time of month IN 05 because all bikes were 20% off to make room for incoming 06's...
    So now until late July...
    CDT

mtbr member
    thanks for the input!

whats the best price you have seen/gotten for a rush 3?
    .... Rush 4?

Thanks

mtbr member

oh yea

well got my lbs to order me a rush 4 2 weeks ago then i want to upgrade to a rush 3 and instead he hooked me up with a rush carbon 2 just got home with it going to ride it in the morning as for the timming i guess now since the 08 models are comming but i dont mind rideing a 07
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urnicus
    thanks for the input!

whats the best price you have seen/gotten for a rush 3?
    .... Rush 4?

Thanks
    I am getting a Rush 3 for about $2750, but thats with all of the upgrades I am putting on it from the get-go. Hopefully you get a deal like the guy above because a Carbon Rush 2 is really the way to go. I feel like an all-mountain rig would be better off with XT then XTR. and .5 lbs heavier to save a boat load of money is well worth it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I went through this looking for a Rush 2000 last year. The best time seemed to be mid-August to early September. I ended up getting a Rush 3000 for 30% below regular price.

Keep in mind, if you wait too long you might not be able to find what you want. That's how I ended up with the 3000, but the discount made it worth it to me. Of course, frame sizes and color choices are hard to come by when getting end of season stock as well. My best options showed up when I expanded my search to all dealers within a 4 hour drive.

mtbr member
    My favorite cannondale LBS has the Rush 3 for 2200.... only 1 in my size left.

What should I expect to be able to get a Rush 3 for?

30% off MSRP (as mentioned by "roguenode", previous poster) would be a little over 1800..... that is what I was hoping to get one for... obviously I would widen my search to other shops, but do you think that is unlikely?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    What size are you looking for?

mtbr member
    large

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    There is a shop outside Philly that I'm pretty sure has two 06 Rush 1000s in Large that they would give a great deal on.

mtbr member
    arent the 08s due out in the next week or so?

mtbr member
    arent the 08s due out in the next week or so?
    I am not sure when they are coming out but I work for an LBS that carries Cannondale and according to the Cannondale sales rep, the 07 line ended last week. We may see the 08 bikes come out soon as far as on the website with the specs. I don't think you be able to pick one up at a dealer until August/September though. The rep also mentioned that the price for the Rush Carbon is going up because of two reasons 1)demand for carbon fiber has increased while production remains the same and 2) the economy of the United States has decreased compared to European and Asian countries. So if you were thinking about waiting for an 08 Rush carbon, you are probably better off getting an alloy 07

mtbr member
    I heard the Rush 3 Carbon is going to be $3500.

mtbr member
    I heard the Rush 3 Carbon is going to be $3500.
    If the spec for the Rush 3 Carbon is the same as the Rush 3 and the price difference is $1k, I don't think saving 200 grams is worth that much. You could probably but that much money into upgrades and get a much better spec. I demoed the Rush Carbon and the alloy and I didn't really feel a difference so I went with the alloy version. I think cannondale should make higher end alloy spec to get a broader price range because not everyone wants to put up that much more money just to get a carbon front triangle

Huge Tracts of Land
    after riding the carbon, I would disagree, you can't compare the frames, the carbon is more lively, more acceleration, it just wants to go faster and faster and it handles so very well.

But at the end of the day, they are all cannondales

mtbr member
    Well, maybe this is just me, but I agree that cannondale should make a better alloy framed rush..... like an alloy with full XTR...

Huge Tracts of Land
    Well, maybe this is just me, but I agree that cannondale should make a better alloy framed rush..... like an alloy with full XTR...

yes I agree, initially I was leery of the carbon frames and was waiting for 2008 in the hope of finding an Al XTR Rush, but when I found out the carbon still has the full Cannondale warranty, I ordered one straight away.

After the first ride, I had no doubts

Haven MTB Park
    1997 F2000
    2004 F4000 SL
    2007 Carbon Rush 1 Team

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbrat
    yes I agree, initially I was leery of the carbon frames and was waiting for 2008 in the hope of finding an Al XTR Rush, but when I found out the carbon still has the full Cannondale warranty, I ordered one straight away.

After the first ride, I had no doubts

yah, its not that i doubt cannondale in making a good carbon frame..... i am sure its good quality, lasts forever etc.

I just dont trust myself to not crash it, which obviously isnt covered by warranty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    yah, its not that i doubt cannondale in making a good carbon frame..... i am sure its good quality, lasts forever etc.

I just dont trust myself to not crash it, which obviously isnt covered by warranty.
    Uh... I think it is

Huge Tracts of Land
    yip

but you can always JRA it

Haven MTB Park
    1997 F2000
    2004 F4000 SL
    2007 Carbon Rush 1 Team

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuch
    Uh... I think it is
    if i crash and damage the frame its covered??

no way!???

whats JRA??

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    if i crash and damage the frame its covered??

no way!???

whats JRA??
    Just Riding Along, aka "It just cracked on the Prarie path....Not even some 6 foot drop I didnt do"

Crash damage is NOT covered, how could it be? However I guess you can try and whitewash the shop and local rep..Hell if you shop alot they might hook you up with a Bro-Deal or something.
    Dont destroy your bike in some uncovered fashion and expect miracles. Pray for one, but dont expect it!
    CDT

sweeper
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbrat
    after riding the carbon, I would disagree, you can't compare the frames, the carbon is more lively, more acceleration, it just wants to go faster and faster and it handles so very well.

But at the end of the day, they are all cannondales
    I definitely agree w/ you. I have both the Carbon and Aluminum Rush. The carbon easily pedals faster and absorbs vibrations when traveling along rocky any stone trails a lot better. Its a race bike and trail bike combined.