mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Best Grease for headshock?

I've been putting off greasing my headshok and figure i better get to it soon since its been 5 months of riding. So today i started looking around for the recommended Royal purple grease and wasn't able to find it at any of the bike stores or car places. Are there any comparable greases that walmart, autozone, or bikeshops usually carry that would work for this.
    Also i was wondering what kind of intervals do people usually do for re-greasing.... i've probably put about 350 trail miles on her.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Anyone recommend a bearing grease?

Quote Originally Posted by jman536
    I've been putting off greasing my headshok and figure i better get to it soon since its been 5 months of riding. So today i started looking around for the recommended Royal purple grease and wasn't able to find it at any of the bike stores or car places. Are there any comparable greases that walmart, autozone, or bikeshops usually carry that would work for this.
    Also i was wondering what kind of intervals do people usually do for re-greasing.... i've probably put about 350 trail miles on her.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    hey thanks man, i did a search for grease but forgot to type in Royal purple..

mtbr member
    I couldn't find it local either, so I bought it from this guy on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190221074243

Serious packaging job too - ain't no way it could have leaked in shipment!
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)