mtbr member
    Feb 2011

BB30 Frame & Shimano BB

Hello,

My 2010 F1 Flash is BB30 but came with GXP Fire X cranks. I am pretty sure these cranks were installed at the factory using an adapter.

If I purchase a Shimano XT crankset with bottom bracket would I be able to simply remove the Fire X cranks and install the new crankset or will a different adpater be needed?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    You don't need to change another one.
    It fit both of shimano&gxp bb.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    On a related note, I'm not sure why Cannondale uses non-BB30 cranks in the first place in stock factory bikes.

Why go through the trouble of developing and implementing BB30, build your own compatible cranks, get other respected 3rd party manufacturers to build compatible cranks--and then use an adaptor to install non-BB30 cranks on your factory output?!?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6guitars
    On a related note, I'm not sure why Cannondale uses non-BB30 cranks in the first place in stock factory bikes.

Why go through the trouble of developing and implementing BB30, build your own compatible cranks, get other respected 3rd party manufacturers to build compatible cranks--and then use an adaptor to install non-BB30 cranks on your factory output?!?
    Cheaper to make frames in volume (one mold). Non BB30 cranks can be inexpensive and keeps the cost of the whole bike in check.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pschly
    You don't need to change another one.
    It fit both of shimano&gxp bb.
    Excellent. Thank you for your assistance.