mtbr member
    Jan 2009

BB30 Conversion on Rize

Heya guys and girls, hoping to tap into the considerable knowledge on this forum!

I'd like to put a BB30 chainset on my 2008 Rize - I've heard that removing the standard BB adaptor can void the warranty on carbon bikes, is this the case with the alloy/carbon Rize? The BB shell is alloy so I'm hoping it'll be ok.

Also, I'm trying to source a Hollowgram SL chainset, do any stores stock them or can I only get one someone else has taken off their bike? I keep checking Ebay but they seem pretty rare - there's an XX double on Ebay from Europe at the moment, but I want a triple - and secondly it's on there for €800, ouch...

Any advice much appreciated!

I'm with stupid
    I would also like to know about this for my 09 rize 3.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I can be done on the Rize since it has the Al BB.
    Take it to an LBS that has done it before. They need a tool. Im not sure of the number for it. They also need a bearing press.

As for the Hollowgram,
    They are nice and pricey. So, not too many LBS will carry them. I actually have not seen any in stock anywhere. They can be had on ebay for $800-900 new. Maybe, 600-700 used.

An alternative is the FSA Kforce lite BB30. I have not been on these, so I cant compare them to the Hollowgrams
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    thanks very much ziscwg. I think I'll wait for the STG/USD exchange rate to improve a bit before I splash out though!

LA CHÈVRE
    ziscwg is right on about taking the adaptor off.... And actually, Cannondale don't condemn taking them off of frames with carbon BB shells too, it just needs to be done correctly, with the right tool.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :