mtbr member

BB30 bottom bracket adapters

Does anyone know if the THM/Zipp BB30 bottom brackets are made to thread directly into a standard english 68mm frame or if anyone else is making kits for standard frames?
    '96 Uber Light
    '00 R3000 TT
    '08 Six13

gmk
    angels get bald too
    Quote Originally Posted by baalan
    Does anyone know if the THM/Zipp BB30 bottom brackets are made to thread directly into a standard english 68mm frame or if anyone else is making kits for standard frames?
    you need a BB30 SHELL ADAPTOR
    http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.as...layout=product

sorry
    im wrong
    i missunderstood the question
    Last edited by gmk; 07-14-2010 at 01:48 PM.

"Show your bike some love and it will show the love back."
    Eric, niner bikes

the most important vehicle is a 29er bicycle

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmk
    completerly wrong !!!

why a shell of 42mm diameter can fit a 36mm or similar english thread shell ?

reset:
    http://www.thmcarbones.de/en/clavicula/zubehoer.htm

the THM BB30 adapter ( named in the page , BB30 Bearing cup ) is for a BB30 frame and it permits you to tight a THM external cups into that frame

in a english thread frame you need only the THM cups ( named in the page Bearing shells with bearings )

but you need a no lip BB30 spindle to install a SL or SI Cannondale crank or remove the black left arm preload nut in a SI Carbon Cannondale crankset.

mtbr member
    May 2010

mtbr member
    May 2007
    As said above, your thinking in the wrong direction. It's usually BB30 frame to English Crank set. Now I realize the Cdale Hollowgram SL crank set is nice, but I dont think you would get much of it's benefit trying to retrofit it to an English BB frame
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    So the thm cups will work? I'm just kicking ideas around to get a Cannondale crankset on my F3 and my 6 13. If it has no real benifit it would be money wasted other than pride of ownership.
    '96 Uber Light
    '00 R3000 TT
    '08 Six13

mtbr member
    May 2007
    So the thm cups will work? I'm just kicking ideas around to get a Cannondale crankset on my F3 and my 6 13. If it has no real benifit it would be money wasted other than pride of ownership.

In general, any kind of adapter to make something work will have some compromise. There are good std English cranksets that will cost you less than the Hollowgrams. Shimano XT and XTR come to mind. Also, SRAM XX and X.0 (2011) are showing some promise. You also have a lot more option for road bikes.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.