mtbr member
    Feb 2008

BB adapter or Hollowgram BB30 SL crankset?

Should I use a SI BB adapter (kit KF365) so I can use an older XTR crankset with my Rush 08? Or should drop more $$$ into the bottomless pit and find a Cannondale Hollowgram BB30 SL?

mtbr member
    ebay has cannondale cranks BB30 all the time lowest i saw a set go for was $120 two weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    120? that can't be right? they usually go for around 400 if new/mint/in good condition.

def go for a bb30 crank. If Cannons are too expensive there's a more alternatives to choose from than ever before. BB30s are lighter, stiffer and less maintenance dependible (doesn't need much i would imagine) than regular cranks with external bearings. Go for it! Remember, ebay is your friend

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by klinkekule
    120? that can't be right? they usually go for around 400 if new/mint/in good condition.

def go for a bb30 crank. If Cannons are too expensive there's a more alternatives to choose from than ever before. BB30s are lighter, stiffer and less maintenance dependible (doesn't need much i would imagine) than regular cranks with external bearings. Go for it! Remember, ebay is your friend
    Today ebay was my friend, I found a nice new crankset and BB for $365. Not bad considering my LBS was going to charge over $600.

I heard there are several proprietary tools for Cannondales. Will I need a specific tool for the BB installation? Lefty fork?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150277424372

Went with the carbon crankset 175mm 44/32/22t.