mtbr member

Bad Cannondale Dealer

So I am having a horrible time with a Cannondale Dealer out of Michigan who I purchased some wheels from through ebay. The guy was horrible to deal with even thought the wheels were fine. I gave him a negative review and now he's email bombing me. I am pretty sure it's him because in some of the emails, the ip address is listed that singed up for the emails or website. Searching the ip address reveals a location close to the bicycle shop I dealt with in Howell, MI. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Is this kind of harassment illegal?

mtbr member
    Block the email address??

mtbr member
    It's not like that, it's from different websites that my email was subscribed to. Also a fake craigslist listing. Unlike other spam, several of these sights show the ip address that initially signed up and it's all the same one near this nut's home as shown on his state business registrations. I searched the state database for his business and it gave his personal address. I'm about this close to filing a police report, not that that would probably do any good. I will refrain from saying the name of the shop because I'm not like that. Besides, I don't have concrete proof, but the ip address thing can't be just a coincidence.

mtbr member
    gotcha.... file a report.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus68 View Post
    I will refrain from saying the name of the shop because I'm not like that. Besides, I don't have concrete proof, but the ip address thing can't be just a coincidence.
    Those guys are kinda weaselly... they're constantly posting bikes on craigslist (even though they're a business)... then eventually the ads get flagged... then they post the bikes again.
    --------------

[WTB} 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Also lookup which ISP/Provider who owns the associated IP block and report it to their abuse department. If you have a ton of emails from the same IP they will usually investigate. That way if the jack *ss does the same routine (most likely he does) to someone else, or if he's done it previously they'll engage.

mtbr member
    alright, i wasn't going to go this far, but this guy has literally flooded my email box with spam, all because my review on ebay stated exactly "response to questions were rude and sarcastic. Will never use him again". That's hardly reason to put (1) a fake craigslist add on the web saying I had a free truck to give away, and (2) signing my email up for just about every newsletter and newsfeed on the planet. I've sent a complaint to ebay to see if they'll ban him and i'm filing a police report at this point. So I have no qualms about saying this guy owns Howell Bicycle in Howell, Michigan. Do business with him at your own risk. Now I feel a little better.

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus68 View Post
    alright, i wasn't going to go this far, but this guy has literally flooded my email box with spam, all because my review on ebay stated exactly "response to questions were rude and sarcastic. Will never use him again". That's hardly reason to put (1) a fake craigslist add on the web saying I had a free truck to give away, and (2) signing my email up for just about every newsletter and newsfeed on the planet. I've sent a complaint to ebay to see if they'll ban him and i'm filing a police report at this point. So I have no qualms about saying this guy owns Howell Bicycle in Howell, Michigan. Do business with him at your own risk. Now I feel a little better.
    Yeah but I betcha he'll have the same sorta excuse like those internet pervs that get caught..."My router isn't secure so anyone could have done that through my IP" or "I had a party and someone else used my computer and I don't know who" ....bottom line....even if you did file a popo report, nothing will happen to him.....nature of the beast here in the US.
    Keep us posted though....I'm more than curious to see what'll happen next...
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

See You At Santos!
    Feb 2011
    Do you have his email? If you use gmail, maybe you can set up a folder that you wont need to check and just have all of those emails forward over to his email?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have that exact wheelset on my Rize.

And wow I was going to get a spare wheelset and mount it with different tires too.