mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Bonking ... not feelin' well Bad Boy Ultra stock pedals

I just bought a 2008 Bad Boy Ultra at a local store in Los Angeles, CA and have one question.

This is my very first bike since childhood so I don't know much about bikes. Please excuse me if my question sounds a bit stupid. This guy who was helping me out said the bike does not come with a set of pedals and put these cheap looking pedals with strap. After riding it for one day and doing some more research, I am kinda wondering if this is a normal case that a new bike does not come with the original pedals on the spec because the Cannondale homepage has Wellgo C002 dual-function w/alloy cage as the stock set of pedals under BBU specification.

Since I was not used to these kind of pedals with strap, when I was riding the bike to work this morning, sadly, I kinda fell and ended up getting some scratches on my new bike. When I was trying to step on the ground, my foot got stuck in that strap.

Those of you who have a Bad Boy Ultra, please let me know if you did not get stock pedals specified on the spec. I want to know if this is a common thing or not. I wonder why Cannondale even specified a set of pedals on the spec. if they are not going to ship their bikes with them.

Thanx, guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abstractsun; 10-04-2007 at 08:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Back in 2000, I bought a Bad Boy Ultra when they first came out at Helen's of Santa Monica. I remember that I had to shell out extra and pick pedals. I got flats with clips for I was going to commute on it.

Hoewever, 2nd year model Bad Boys were equipped with Cannondale Octopus flat pedals, and I tohught they were good looking and wanted them. I asked if I can buy those, but they didn't want to take them off from the floor model and sell them to me.

Since then, I've gotten into MTB scenes, and haven't bought bikes as completes but have been building up from bare frames.

My roommate bought a Cannondale roadie earlier this year at Marina store. He also paid for pedals and had them put in Shimano clipless ones.

So I think it may be common what you are describing.

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    If you sell a bike without pedals you don't need a chain guard. Often times buying a bike at the price of the BBU or many of Cdale's road bikes you will already own pedals.

-R