mtbr member
    May 2005

Bad Boy Ultra and Prophet handle bars

Has anyone been replacing these as of late and with what, I have a new Prophet, but a 2002 BBU, the Prophet has a FSA, very wide over 26 inches and the BBU has a 24 or smaller one..looking at th Race Face Carbons right now...any ideas?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Is everyone using stock handle bars?

LA CHÈVRE
    I use the stock bars, if width, bend and rise are okay, I don't see the need to change them. At most, I would save a few grams and not even feel the difference. It's hard to recommand good handlebars, we each have our own preferences regarding their sizing and to me, a bar is a bar, there are no bad ones, only ones that don't fit your personnal tastes and of course, some are heavier than others. Some are more flexy too but that's usually super light XC bars and some like the flex, less beating... just shop by size, price, weight, in that order.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks Dan, that's kind of how I have been looking...the FSA 280 on the Prophet does nothing for me....the weird little bar is cool on the BBU but heavy....I have Richey Carbon on my Epi and it's sweet, that's what made me look. Plus I tend to upgrade so I can upgrade my brother and friends bike with the old stuff.....otherwise they would be on Huffy's...

mtbr member
    I use an Easton cf riser bar cut down to 580mm on my 06 BBU. Hey, it's all whatever feels best to you.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'm leaning towards Race Face flat carbon right now....