Thread: Bad Boy advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Bad Boy advice.

I have just bought a new Bad Boy 8 Ultra here in the UK. I was a bit concenred when the dealer phoned me after it had arrived and said there was a problem with the Headshok lot locking out. He later phoned back saying he had a word with Cannondale who say that it's ok. So the question is that should it lockout to a rigid state or should there still be a fair amout of suspension there. I had nothing else I could compare it with.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    The lockout should be absolutely firm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by majura
    The lockout should be absolutely firm.
    Can you confirm that the only control is on the top of the stem. The knob moves about a quarter of a turn. At the moment that is all I can find and there is anot a lot of adjustment range on it. At its stiffest its still quite easy to pres the forks down.

mtbr member
    I can't remember exactly what fork it's spec'd with (don't own one, but the shop I work at has one in stock). We have had both Euro and American models... and I still don't remember what has what.

About a 1/4 turn is right though. If neither position is giving you Plush on one end and Rigid fork on the other- something's up with your fork and a trip back to the LBS is in order.

If you have a Fatty DLR, there should also be an anodized red knob on top which controls the fork's rebound. If you just have a black lever it's a Fatty DL. The only other adjustment you have is air pressure and chaning the fork oil.

http://www.cannondale.com/suspension/07/

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Looks like mine is the Fatty DL model as there is no rebound knob adjustment.
    The dealer has agreed to swap the forks with another set this afternoon so we will see what happens.