mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Anyone wants a free lefty or headshok stem?

I couldn't afford a Lefty, so when I had to find a longer travel fork, I got a 1 1/8 fork. Now I have a stem that I can't use, do any of you guys want it?

Free, but you pay shipping.

I think it is about 120mm long with 5 deg rise?

I have a Headshok DD60 fork that I don't know what to do with either. Lock out works, but I am not sure how much damping oil is in the shock. Springs along nicely. I am thinking about throwing that in the trash, unless someone wants to rescue it.

Retro Cannondale Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by oister
    I couldn't afford a Lefty, so when I had to find a longer travel fork, I got a 1 1/8 fork. Now I have a stem that I can't use, do any of you guys want it?

I have a Headshok DD60 fork that I don't know what to do with either. Lock out works, but I am not sure how much damping oil is in the shock. Springs along nicely. I am thinking about throwing that in the trash, unless someone wants to rescue it.

How do I go about getting it from you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hopefully you are in continental US, or else shipping wouldn't be worth it.

PM me your address, and I will send it off at the post office. I will come back and tell you how much actual shipping is, and I guess you can then paypal me or send me a check. Shipping shouldn't cost more than 5 bucks? My zip code is 95125, and may be you can try to figure out how much shipping is by going to USPS website, and see if the shipping cost is worth it for you to pick up a "free" stem....not truly free unless you live in Silicon Valley which is where I am at.

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oister

I might want that fork as in for parts i have a 98 Cannondale Super V that might be able to benefit from the fork my zip is 49505 let me know the shipping cost?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by denny9526
    I might want that fork as in for parts i have a 98 Cannondale Super V that might be able to benefit from the fork my zip is 49505 let me know the shipping cost?
    Sorry I was gone for the weekend for some vacation time. As far as the fork goes, I need to let you know that the little boot is gone, and is only covered by wrapping a piece inner tube around it secured by ropes or zipties. So if you are planning on using the boot for parts, you are out of luck. Other than the torn boot replaced by my ghetto fix, the fork is still usable. The lock out cap still looks great.

As far as shipping goes, go online to your favorate shipper (UPS,FEDEX,USPS), punch in 95125 as the origin and your zip code as a destination, and figure out the shipping cost. The box will be about 5 lbs (I think that's how heavy the headshok fork + box will be), and "should" have a dimension of 12" x 6" x 40" if i remember correctly (a box that was used to ship my current fork).

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Mogul218 was the first to respond, and he ended up with both the stem and fork. Feel free to go beat him up if he beat you to the punch.