Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?

mine ordered in june...

mtbr member
    Ordered mine in Aug. just got an email yesterday from the shop, according to Cannondale
    it "should" be here 12-3-11. My fingers are crossed!

mtbr member
    Mine is supposedly coming march next year...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Mine is supposed to be here this week....we'll see if that happens....

LA CHÈVRE
    I don't think anyone has got any yet.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    I ordered the Scalpel 2, what did everyone else order?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    ordered a carbon 2

mtbr member
    i ordered a carbon 1

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    They're due for final production this coming week.

Nothing shipped last week because of computer upgrades.

The Scalpel 1 should be out this week and the Scalpel 2 will be about 2 weeks later.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Available on December. in Europe

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

scalpel 29er with 90mm left fork?

Thinking of ordering a scalpel 29er frame and fork, selling the fork and mounting my flash 29er build kit including the 90mm carbon lefty. However The lefty on the 29er is a 100mm, anybody foresee issues with this set up? I ride the suspension pretty firm in the front and rear.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I think lefty on the 29er with 100mm travel is optimal. 90mm leftys (like these in flash) are good in hardtails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Any updates?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Computers still not back up apparently

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was told by my LBS it's Nov... but I haven't got a call from them yet... (pre-ordered back in April...)

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md View Post
    Computers still not back up apparently
    Skynet?

I was at a dealer last week and was told they were expecting one of each size very soon. But again, all systems were down...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Folks in the Chicago area seem to be able to get their first taste? $600-700 off MSRP too...

Cannondale Scalpel 29'er Carbon 1 - Kozy's Chicago Bike Shops | Chicago Bike Stores, Bicycles, Cycling, Bike Repair
    Cannondale Scalpel 29'er Carbon 2 - Kozy's Chicago Bike Shops | Chicago Bike Stores, Bicycles, Cycling, Bike Repair

Sorry the site doesn't allow me to post links properly since less than 10 posts...

Edit: Fixed it for ya CDT

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    mine also said november
    I made a phone call to cannondale Europe and a friendly dutch guy told me that he could see my order on some list there and that is was due for last week of december. he said it was wise to ad 2 weeks to that date....
    so first week 2012 its gonna happen I hope.
    he told me its first come first served ( it was not possible to order bikes before the end of june so ordering in 2010 was no use) ;-)

I CANondale
    SAP is influencing nearly everything
    Yes, i CANnondale

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Heems,I couldn't open your link. What's the name of the shop? I'd like to check out their website. Thanks
    Last edited by Pedalfast; 11-18-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: to be specific

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    just replace "dot" with "."

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by jan vb View Post
    not yet

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Heems View Post
    just replace "dot" with "."
    I tried that before asking you about it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    No shops have any Scalpel 29's in stock. Not one has been shipped. That particular shop is advertising just like most, that is, putting the 2012 models on their site with pricing, regardless of them being in stock. The bikes are on the site for consumers to see the model line.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the info, I googled the new scapel and found some photos and specs at bikerumor. Thats a very sleek looking and ultra light racer.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Scalpel 29er's are shipping now. Freshbikes in Arlington VA got two Scalpel 29er 1's. Go to bikerumor to see it.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Here's some pics that weren't on Bikerumor. Mainly because the Scalpel built for the Bikerumor pics was just thrown together for the photos. I rebuilt it for the owner of Freshbikes with a few changes. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Very nice. Looks like it's already seeing action judging by the dirt. Any first impressions on the ride quality?

mtbr member
    Damn that's a great looking bike! (lately I've been thinking less about the Ripley)
    Hurry up with the ride report.

LA CHÈVRE
    Already dirty and upgraded brakes:

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Just a quick suggestion....you may want to reroute the rear brake line to the inside of the seatstay (just unbolt the caliper and flip) so it doesn't get damaged.

I'm jealous....that's the build I'm looking at, too. Those XTR brakes are incredible...This means mine should be coming soon

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I personally haven't had a chance to ride it off road, just around the parking lot. The feedback I've gotten though is that it blows everything else out of the water. It's super fast, flickable, and does everything a 26er does only better. With the short stays and rear suspension it rides like a faster, smoother, more comfortable Flash. Plus a side note, the XLR with the remote hydro lockout is a must have.
    We got two of these in our store and sold 1 last night. We could have sold both but there's no way we're letting them both go right now.

no excuses
    my local shop got a demo bike from Cannondale and I got to ride it yesterday. Man this bike is fast. I have also ridden a 26r scalpel and the 29r is a faster version. It rails the corners without feeling hyper. The demo bike is a 1 but not exactly specd as a 1 is and weighed 23lbs...

If you like the 26r scalpel you will love the 29r. There wasn't anything bad to say about it and thats with it not being truly setup for me either...

I rode it on my home trail on which I have logged many many hours and I was instantly faster on this bike. There are tight turns and S turns that I was able to rail with confidence and keep my speed up. I have a 2 on order now
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

FIRENZE rulez !!
    a few landed in Italy too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-381906_2265659359682_1194454240_31989337_993858619_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    That's Sweeeeeet. I have an Xl Carbon 2 ordered. Cant wait!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    eliflap put the Carbon 2 on a scale for us.

thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap View Post
    a few landed in Italy too
    How come the frame is different? Is there a european version and american version of the frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My LBS has a Carbon 1 in stock. I do believe it is lighter than my already light hardtail 29er. Wooden Wheels in Newark, DE. It is available for purchase.

Disclaimer: I shop there.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heems View Post
    How come the frame is different? Is there a european version and american version of the frame?
    black/white one appears to be a large and green/black/white appears to be a medium.
    I think the second pic is a lot better color combo than the pain black white.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud View Post
    black/white one appears to be a large and green/black/white appears to be a medium.
    I think the second pic is a lot better color combo than the pain black white.
    Incorrect. Black/white is Carbon 1 and green/black/white is carbon 2.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Got mine

I picked up my Carbon Scalpel 1 last night. Its pretty awesome. Ive spent time on both the Epic 29 and the Superfly 100 and this bike is better. Its sort of a mix of the two, is nice and comfy like the superfly, but its much quicker and more responsive like the Epic. Pretty much perfect. Tonight it gets turned into the Scalpel Ultimate with Enve wheels and various other upgrades, that is if I dont just ride all evening. 23.3 lbs stock with goofy plastic flat pedals and tubes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gts/R View Post
    Incorrect. Black/white is Carbon 1 and green/black/white is carbon 2.
    Sorry, but I think you missed the point - Look at the frame again. Obviously a difference in the junction where the top tube meats the seat tube, but this is likely due to sizing.

First post Ordered a Flash Carbon 1 29er myself, but still unsure if I should have had the Scalpel?!

mtbr member
    Going through the specs on C'dale USA and they show the 1 with a PF30 and the 2 has a BB30. Printing error or true?
    Damn the 2 has a great color scheme.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy D. View Post
    Sorry, but I think you missed the point - Look at the frame again. Obviously a difference in the junction where the top tube meats the seat tube, but this is likely due to sizing.

First post Ordered a Flash Carbon 1 29er myself, but still unsure if I should have had the Scalpel?!
    Yes, Cannondale adapted the design depending of the size, basically, making sure every size has it's stiffness/weight optimized.

As for the PF30 vs BB30, I think it's a typo, pretty sure they're all PF30.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-332096_10150324014161843_88041336842_8548137_2073733753_o.jpg  

anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-335403_10150324013326843_88041336842_8548135_2003736995_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Going through the specs on C'dale USA and they show the 1 with a PF30 and the 2 has a BB30. Printing error or true?
    Damn the 2 has a great color scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post

As for the PF30 vs BB30, I think it's a typo, pretty sure they're all PF30.

This was acknowledged to in fact be true (not a typo) when brought to the attention of a Cannondale rep by the manager at my lbs. However, he could not state why it is not PF30 like the 1. Since this is a completely new frame I have no idea why it is not the same???

mtbr member
    Dan nice paper weight, sticker on the BB say's 'NOT FOR RIDING'

LA CHÈVRE
    Dan nice paper weight, sticker on the BB say's 'NOT FOR RIDING'
    It was more to show the different design where the swing link is attached. If it was my size, I'd still ride it with the sticker.

And it does look like a PF30 BB shell to me... but I don't know at what point in development/testing those pictures were taken.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I am 5"10 does anyone knows which size shall do for me. there is a huge gap between an M and a L on the length of the top tube. the large is pretty long. Combined with the min length of the stem of 90mm it seems too long in large and too short in M. I ride a Tallboy Large with 75mm stem - any recommendations?

Rider of Bikes
    I'm 5'10 and ride a large Flash 29er so I ordered a large Scalpel 29er.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Carbon 1 Size large landed here in Colorado at my LBS today. Unfortunately so did about 6 inches of snow, but I at least get to try it on pavement tomorrow. Still haven't decided if the 1 is worth the extra money over the 2. Basically $1000/pound of weight reduction.Thoughts?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa2000 View Post
    I'm 5'10 and ride a large Flash 29er so I ordered a large Scalpel 29er.
    Im 5'10 and got the medium. I ride a SantaCruz Blur now in med and had to use a setback seatpost but this bike has a 71 degree seat tube so should be fine with stock seatpost. I think the 575 TT on the large is too big unless you got really long arms. My road bike is a 555 same as this med.
    Oh well hope it fits

mtbr member
    Get the 2, save the g / put it in the cookie jar for some edge hoops.

you are also going to want to swap out the breaks - only keep the avids if you live to wrench... imo
    Massage Blocks :: The Ultimate Trigger Point System

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerth View Post
    Get the 2, save the g / put it in the cookie jar for some edge hoops.

you are also going to want to swap out the breaks - only keep the avids if you live to wrench... imo
    Do avids really have such a rep for breaking down?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhersh View Post
    Do avids really have such a rep for breaking down?
    They don't break down, they can last a long time but in that time, you will spend lots of it adjusting, re-positioning, troubleshooting... They're attention-junkies (maybe that's why they're so noisy!)... Let's say if you don't like to regularly work on your bike, if you're more of a 'install/setup/forget' kind of guy, stay away from Avid brakes. Their very first hydraulic disc brakes were like this and all the models after were too IMO. The only reason we see so many of them is because SRAM pushes a lot to get them as OEM brakes (I'm guessing they have very good prices for bike companies).

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for the explanation Dan. Your thoughts on Carbon 1 vs. Carbon 2?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Carbon 1 Size large landed here in Colorado at my LBS today. Unfortunately so did about 6 inches of snow, but I at least get to try it on pavement tomorrow. Still haven't decided if the 1 is worth the extra money over the 2. Basically $1000/pound of weight reduction.Thoughts?
    Where are you finding the 1 for only $1,000 more? MSRP is $7,600 vs. $5,300.

LA CHÈVRE
    Thanks for the explanation Dan. Your thoughts on Carbon 1 vs. Carbon 2?
    Not sure about the prices of each but: I'd swap the brakes on either and I would rather have the Carbon 2's wheels, the DT Tricon wheels are good but pretty heavy (heavier than the Carbon 2 wheels), the Carbon 1 has the king of cranksets and a Carbon Lefty... Then you could have a preference between Shimano vs SRAM transmissions...

If MSRP are 7600 and 5300, I'd probably pick the 2 as the best value... If you are after the best of the best, get the 1, sell the brakes and wheels and get your favorite brakes and wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    And, FWIW, a call this morning to Cannondale confirmed that the 2 is BB30, not PF30. I was told it is not a typo, and that they do not know why it is not PF30.

LA CHÈVRE
    I'm guessing it's cheaper to make the BB30 BB shell, since there is a metal sleeve, it must be easier to manufacture than have the extra precision and tighter tolerance the all carbon PF30 shell requires... but the BB30 frame will be a few grams heavier. Just speculation from me, don't quote me on that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    i'd read somewhere that the pressfit bb shell is 30g net lighter. "net" as the pressfit bearings are heavier than the standard bb30 bearings?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
    Where are you finding the 1 for only $1,000 more? MSRP is $7,600 vs. $5,300.
    I meant $1000 PER pound of weight difference i.e. a 2 thousand doallar difference roughly for the 2LB weight difference. Sorry if I was unclear.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'm headed over to LBS shortly to try out the 1 but there's still plenty of snow so likely I'll only be able to ride on pavement. May post my impressions anyway. I ride a lot but don't have near the tech background most of you all do on bikes, but I'll do my best.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    the Carbon 1 has the king of cranksets and a Carbon Lefty...

Both the 1 and the 2 have the same carbon fork as far as I can tell no?

I decided to go with the 2 since I wanted to build up my own wheelset anyway. I would have also ditched the brakes on either the 1 or 2. The hollowgram cranks are really nice, but I can live without them. I have an XX drivetrain that I can swap most of. Only thing im wondering about is the rear shock being a monarch rather than the rp3. No experience with either since my current bike is a 2010 epic 29er.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by utah joe View Post
    Carbon Lefty on the 1, not the 2.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by utah joe View Post

I decided to go with the 2 since I wanted to build up my own wheelset anyway. I would have also ditched the brakes on either the 1 or 2. The hollowgram cranks are really nice, but I can live without them. I have an XX drivetrain that I can swap most of. Only thing im wondering about is the rear shock being a monarch rather than the rp3. No experience with either since my current bike is a 2010 epic 29er.
    One of the reasons i chose the 2 over the 1 was the monarch vs the rp23. The monarch in my opinion is a much better shock. Overall as said above, the only thing I really wanted from the 1 vs the 2 was the sram shifters, the 2 is a much better value in my opinion.

And who can say no to apple green!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Anybody know the weight difference between the 29er Lefty Carbon XTR and the alloy version?Any known durability issues with the Carbon?
    Last edited by Mhersh; 12-02-2011 at 12:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Anybody know the weight difference between the 29er Lefty Carbon XTR and the alloy version?Any known durability issues with the Carbon?
    found this from 2011...though I think these are 80mm versions so the numbers might not be right...but the differences between the aluminum and carbon are probably close.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks Joe. I found my 2012 Catalogue and they show 1332. GR for the 29er Carbon, 1445 for the alloy. About 4oz. difference. Any knock on the Carbon's durability?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    So here's the offer from my LBS: Carbon 1 but they swap the wheels for Stans ZTR, swap the brakes for Shimano XT (tech guy claims he thinks they're better and more durable than XTR) put a triple spider setup on the Hollowgrams (my request-I do some very steep hills) and change out the Front Derailleur and shifter to XTR...total price$ 6050. Delta of about $800-$1000 to the Carbon 2, spec'd stock but for an XTR triple crank,derailleur, and shifter. Seems like a no brainer for the Carbon Lefty, Hollowgram's, upgraded seatpost and Handlebars no? Only problem is I like the paint job better on the 2 but oh well...

mtbr member
    I'm on the other side of the fence, I have switched from XTR, XT, hope, Formula to Avids. I've never had any issues what so ever with either the XX, XX-wc or the XO brakes. More powerful and no fading compared to the salad oil shimanos, less on/off compared to the hopes/ formulas. For me these are true one finger brakes.
    But that's just my 'too sense'.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Is the alloy 3 a flat finish or gloss finish paint?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm getting excited to see my Carbon 2. The thing is going to be a rocket.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have to say I think Cannondale screwed up. The paint job on the 2 should be on the one and vice versa. Regardless, I ordered my build out today and I'm chomping at the bit to get the bike back, even if winter settled into Colorado For real this week.

Livin' the Dream
    I've got the Carbon 1 on order. I plan on replacing the brakes, but not sure which setup to go with. I've always been an XTR guy and this will be my first SRAM bike. I liked the XTR brakes, and haven't heard heard many endorsements for Avid. Is it just people nit picking? Seems wrong to put XTR on an otherwise XX bike. . . Maybe Formula's?
    DO RIGHT AND FEAR NO MAN

mtbr member
    i chose magura and absolutely love them. Binned the avid elixir cr that came on my 09 scalpel 2 carbon. they worked well enough but required constant attention to prevent rubbing. Nothing wrong with a mix of parts.. imo, just shows you know what you like.

Can't go wrong with the new xtr.
    Massage Blocks :: The Ultimate Trigger Point System

mtbr member
    If there is anyone looking for a Large Scalpel Carbon 29er 1, my LBS has two in stock. They look sweet!

Cannondale Scalpel 29'er Carbon 1 - Plano Cycling

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Three Large in stock now! Amazing bikes!

Looking at three Large Scalpel 1 right now. Amazing bikes! If you are in Utah stop in soon. They won't last long. InfiniteCycles.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    CAn someone enlighten me to the difference between a Press-Fit 30 and a BB30? I thought they were the same thing as the bearings need to be "pressed" into the BB>

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ok I just got a call from my LBS that the Carbon 1 I had ordered arrived yesterday...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Anyone tested it yet? I'm waiting for my Scalpel2 here in Norway. Will arrive in end of February. Can't wait.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by 58teeth View Post
    CAn someone enlighten me to the difference between a Press-Fit 30 and a BB30? I thought they were the same thing as the bearings need to be "pressed" into the BB>
    A BB30 frame has an alloy sleeve where circlips are clipped and the cartridge bearings themselves are pressed into that. Press Fit 30 doesn't have the sleeve, the frame's BB shell can be lighter and 100% carbon. The bearings are the same as BB30 but they are fitted in their own plastic/composite sleeves and you press that into the frame. PF30 bearing assemblies are heavier than bare BB30 bearings obviously but since the frame can be lighter, overall, PF30 is a bit lighter than the classic BB30. I think it also simplifies the manufacturing process for frames too.

But I still don't see why they are not all Press Fit 30...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Picked mine up today. Swapped out some parts with my Rize (R1 brakes, seatpost, foam grips, XX cassette), tubeless, weighted at 22.96lbs with XTR pedals. Now I just need to wait for the weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-scalpel29a.jpg  

anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-scalpel29e.jpg  

anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-scalpel29g.jpg  

anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-scalpel29h.jpg  

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    But I still don't see why they are not all Press Fit 30...
    Due to frame construction methods some frames will require an aluminum BB node. It's all about different horses for different courses. Sometimes it will be lighter to use PF30 but it may be weaker. Sometimes using an alloy node will be easier, but it is heavier. Lots of things to consider when designing a frame.

-R

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald View Post
    Due to frame construction methods some frames will require an aluminum BB node. It's all about different horses for different courses. Sometimes it will be lighter to use PF30 but it may be weaker. Sometimes using an alloy node will be easier, but it is heavier. Lots of things to consider when designing a frame.

-R
    I think hes saying, since the 1 and 2 frame are supposed to be exactly the same, then why the two different BB's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The 1 and the 2 both use the same Pressfit 30 bottom bracket. However, just like BB30 bearings the pressfits come in standard stainless and ceramic flavors.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaur172 View Post
    The 1 and the 2 both use the same Pressfit 30 bottom bracket. However, just like BB30 bearings the pressfits come in standard stainless and ceramic flavors.
    Not correct. Read above and a few other places...

"And, FWIW, a call this morning to Cannondale confirmed that the 2 is BB30, not PF30. I was told it is not a typo, and that they do not know why it is not PF30."

Thats what has us all confused.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I would check your sources zeeke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-cimg1544.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaur172 View Post
    I would check your sources zeeke.
    Perhaps another phone call to Cannondale to ask why they are spreading false information?
    2012 Cannondale Supersix Evo 2 /// 2012 Specialized Carbon 29 HT/Rigid /// 2000 Ritchey Swiss Cross

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ill be honest, ive never seen a PF30. So in your pic of the number 2 frame, thats PF30 correct?

Cant argue with a pic, makes more sense that the 1 and 2 are the same. Couldnt figure out why they would be different.

Interesting too how the monarch is white.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    All Scalpel Carbons....PF30, save for a few prototypes of course.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md View Post
    All Scalpel Carbons....PF30, save for a few prototypes of course.
    Someone should tell the dealer reps, the reps at Cannondale HQ, the catalog publishers, and the website publishers...
    2012 Cannondale Supersix Evo 2 /// 2012 Specialized Carbon 29 HT/Rigid /// 2000 Ritchey Swiss Cross

Rider of Bikes
    I just rode a scalpel 29er 1 this morning on some good twisty stuff for about an hour and a half.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa2000 View Post
    I just rode a scalpel 29er 1 this morning on some good twisty stuff for about an hour and a half.
    And? We look forward to your impressions.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Anyone noticed that the 29er has no water bottle mount? Didn't realized it until I tried mounting the water bottle holder last nite.....

mtbr member
    I see alot of Scalpel Carbon One's have been delivered in the U.S., has anyone seen or purchased a Carbon Two in the U.S.?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    My LBS called Cannondale yesterday and was told that Carbon Twos should start deliveries on the first week of Jan.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jamas1395 View Post
    I see alot of Scalpel Carbon One's have been delivered in the U.S., has anyone seen or purchased a Carbon Two in the U.S.?
    I was going to do a 2 but my LBS made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a 1. Full XTR build out (brakes, shifters, Derailleurs) the SI Cranks (converted to a 3 ring with FSA chainrings) Carbon seat post and the 135 Gram Sella Italia saddle. Kept the DT Swiss wheels, they look and sound sweet from what I've read. Should be ready any day, just waiting on a few parts. Still like the paint job better on the 2 though, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jamas1395 View Post
    I was told the large 2's would start showing up the 19th. The mediums the 6th of Jan.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler View Post
    Anyone noticed that the 29er has no water bottle mount? Didn't realized it until I tried mounting the water bottle holder last nite.....
    It indeed has a water bottle mount on the lower downtube, you can see the lower bolt in your picture....attached is a picture with it mounted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone seen scalpel29er in the shops yet?-demoscalpel2.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast