mtbr member

Anyone Push Tunned there RP23 on there Rize / RZ

Just wondering if any folks on here have Push Tuned there RP23's on there Rize's or RZ's?

If so, i would be very interested if you can you share your experiences.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was going to ask the exact same question a couple weeks ago... haha~ But ya I'm planning to give it a shot by later the year. Never heard any negative comment on a "push'ed" shock though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler
    I was going to ask the exact same question a couple weeks ago... haha~ But ya I'm planning to give it a shot by later the year. Never heard any negative comment on a "push'ed" shock though.
    Haha, cool, well let us know how you get on, and what valve setting you go for, as that was the real reason i started this thread..

Expert Crasher
    PUSH tuning is fantastic. I had my RP23 done on my Turner Sultan and it was well worth the investment.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I finally decided to send the year old rear shock to PUSH for the tune up and got it back early last week. Turn around time was rather quick, they had it for 3 days before shipped it back to me. I had them to set the shock for the "trail valve" and also mentioned that propedal is important for the bike.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance for a real test due to the heavy rain in Socal lately plus the holidays... Will report back after a few rides later.

mtbr member
    Looking forward to hearing your views..

I Love my Rize

I pushed my rp2

I pushed my rp2 on my rize three and the difference is amazing. Much better small bump action and better travel use with the proper sag. My Rize was one of the first ones in 2008 and the had a high compression tune stock on the shock and it sucked but in 2009 they changed the comp tune to med as my brother got one and if is fine. The push tune is awesome, I also got the trail tune for propedal and it's the way to go. do it................
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info! But can i ask, what directions did you give Tune when you sent them the shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Lets start telling eachother how much we are paying to have these tunings done so we can use consumer leveredge when we buy used shocks with the intention of having them pushed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Here's my short review after 4 rides in different trails, mixed XC / aggressive trail rides. Like I said earlier I opted for the "trail tune". I'm 175lbs w/ gears, set the shock pressure at 165psi, 4 to 5 clicks on the rebound, and it's a perfect set up for my liking.

I see why others praised about the shock being plush after being 'Push'd'. It has very good small bumps compliance, you can build up speed easily when descenting with more confidence. It soaked up rocks and roots nicely and not as bouncy as before (with the same setting). The Pro-pedal feels a bit stiffer then before (I set to 3), there's only a tiny little movement on the shock when stamping hard on the pedals. No bobbing!

Overall a huge different? Hmm not a day and night difference but you can actually feel it. Worth it? If you need to service / re-build your shock, yes! But if your shock is working fine now then just wait til' it's time for a tune up / re-build.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler
    Here's my short review after 4 rides in different trails, mixed XC / aggressive trail rides. Like I said earlier I opted for the "trail tune". I'm 175lbs w/ gears, set the shock pressure at 165psi, 4 to 5 clicks on the rebound, and it's a perfect set up for my liking.

I see why others praised about the shock being plush after being 'Push'd'. It has very good small bumps compliance, you can build up speed easily when descenting with more confidence. It soaked up rocks and roots nicely and not as bouncy as before (with the same setting). The Pro-pedal feels a bit stiffer then before (I set to 3), there's only a tiny little movement on the shock when stamping hard on the pedals. No bobbing!

Overall a huge different? Hmm not a day and night difference but you can actually feel it. Worth it? If you need to service / re-build your shock, yes! But if your shock is working fine now then just wait til' it's time for a tune up / re-build.
    Thanks for the post. I have never heard about the stiffer pro-pedal aspect to getting a shock Push tuned, that alone sounds like its worth the extra price for me, as i often do "trainning" rides on routes where 140mm of rear travel is over kill.

But i think i will do as you said, and wait until its time for a major service to get it tuned !

mtbr member
    http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/i...0and%20Reviews

Did you guys see this review for Pushed Rize RP by Bikeradar?

I'm going to call Push soon. I need to make a choice between sending my RP23 for tuning and ordering a new Pushed Monarch RT/AM.