Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Anyone know when the 2005 Cannondales will be releasing?

I am interested in picking up a Cannondale cyclocross bike and don't want to get an 2004 if the 05 are comming out soon.

KMan

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I think this is what we all are waiting for. The prophet, a model between the Gemini and Jekyll. still waiting for the one between the Jekyll and the Scalpel

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoen
    I think this is what we all are waiting for. The prophet, a model between the Gemini and Jekyll. still waiting for the one between the Jekyll and the Scalpel

wow, where did you find that picture?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    I am interested in picking up a Cannondale cyclocross bike and don't want to get an 2004 if the 05 are comming out soon.

KMan
    I hear that they are coming out in October and the larger Cannondale dealers may have them as early as September. They are going to replace the Jekyll. My LBS (they were able to ride one) said that the bike is a little lighter than the Jekyll and has a different geometry. The bike has a longer top tube, so that it is more comfortable on longer rides.

It kind of reminds me of a mix between the Gemini and the Yeti 575.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I dont like that. It been done before.

Thats just a Yeti. No offence to Yeti as they make good bikes. But couldnt Cannondale come up with something different. If I wanted that type of bike I would buy a Yeti FS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Its supposed to replace the jekyll? hrmmph

Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    I hear that they are coming out in October and the larger Cannondale dealers may have them as early as September. They are going to replace the Jekyll. My LBS (they were able to ride one) said that the bike is a little lighter than the Jekyll and has a different geometry. The bike has a longer top tube, so that it is more comfortable on longer rides.

It kind of reminds me of a mix between the Gemini and the Yeti 575.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by watjac
    Its supposed to replace the jekyll? hrmmph
    I have received mixed information. Some say that it will be a new line in between the Gemini and the Jekyll- liken onto the Santa Cruz Heckler and others say that it will replace the Jekyll as Cannondale's new All Mountain line.

According to the those who have ridden it, it is very plush and the geometry is really nice, but they say that it is a different animal than the Jekyll.

Considering the Jekyll's popularity and its recent favorable reviews in What Mountain Bike and MBA, it would be realy odd for Cannondale to totally discontinue the Jekyll.

Bottom line- the Jekyll still and has always kicked butt despite all the recent innovations.

Essentialy, it looks like Cannondale took a Yeti 575 and stretched out its compact cokpit. The 575 is a really nice bike and I am sure this will be a sweet ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    wow, where did you find that picture?

Does anyone know what crankset that is on the Prophet? & is that a carbon lefty max?
    Awesome looking machine!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Here you can find some more pictures: http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/ go to Hot news

Sorry the site is in Dutch

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    this one takes you directly to the picture page: http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/activite...phet/index.htm

mtbr member

I like it, but

I like the look of the bike and the fork, the fact that it's light sounds good, but the head angle looks really relaxed , like a gemini. Or is it just an illusion from the lefty or the X'd tubing?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ha I can see some things dont change.

Look at the sick job on this http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/activite...prophet-05.htm

Although the siemans team version in that previous link looks sweet.

SRAM setups. Will cannondale be dropping Shimano this year then??

mtbr member
    Can't you ever be positive, color preference is relative to the person, and those bikes may be prototypes so those bikes may not be the final colors chosen.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    Can't you ever be positive, color preference is relative to the person, and those bikes may be prototypes so those bikes may not be the final colors chosen.
    That ones got jm03 written all over it lol.

Course I can be positive but in the wake of that no. Cannodale will never learn. They put all their effort into the top end bikes. But they seem to sell very little of them.

If this bike is to be a winner they need to do much better than that. Its a Yeti clone. The Yeti version far better.

And the scalpel is an old specialized FSR design.

We are going around in cirlces here.

Yet they say they strive on inivation.

hhhmmmmm

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    If I'm not mistaken, the Cannondale is a single pivot design. The Yeti is multipivot.
    And I love the green one.

I prefer to talk after a test ride. Judging a bike because the color scheme is something ridicolous.

Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude
    That ones got jm03 written all over it lol.

Course I can be positive but in the wake of that no. Cannodale will never learn. They put all their effort into the top end bikes. But they seem to sell very little of them.

If this bike is to be a winner they need to do much better than that. Its a Yeti clone. The Yeti version far better.

And the scalpel is an old specialized FSR design.

We are going around in cirlces here.

Yet they say they strive on inivation.

hhhmmmmm

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kayac
    If I'm not mistaken, the Cannondale is a single pivot design. The Yeti is multipivot.
    And I love the green one.

I prefer to talk after a test ride. Judging a bike because the color scheme is something ridicolous.
    The Yeti 575 is a single pivot connected a Knuckle Joint, just like the Prophet.

mtbr member
    I don't see any other pivot point like on the 575? Or am i missing it? I assume you mean that little carbon piece thats on the 575, but i don't see anything like that on the cannondale.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    The little carbon piece in the Yeti is a pivot point, so it has two pivot points. Obviously, the Cannondale is not the same design.

mtbr member

well

i have been ready to get a new bike for a little while now, and have considered turning my jekll in for a turner 5-spot. Looks like i will be holding off for a while. Good thing too cause i was never crazy about giving up my lefty! better start saving my pennies
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member

Carbon Max?

I'm hoping that the bike doesn't replace the Jekyll, a bike l love. Bigger news, that no one seems to have noticed is that the silver bike pictured seems to have a carbon lefty max! Now that would be cool.

-James

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thats because its a team issue.

No one has answered my question!!!!

Have cannondale dropped XTR in favour or XRAM?? X-0

mtbr member

sram

i don't know, but i hope so
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude
    Thats because its a team issue.

No one has answered my question!!!!

Nope, not a team issue. Guess again. What is wrong with xtr? X-0 is every bit as expensive, though it works very, very well.

-James

Are you talking to me?

SPV carbon Lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by James@GearReview
    I'm hoping that the bike doesn't replace the Jekyll, a bike l love. Bigger news, that no one seems to have noticed is that the silver bike pictured seems to have a carbon lefty max! Now that would be cool.

-James
    Did you see the small SPV sticker below the top crown?
    gfy

mtbr member

New question here.

How can it look just like a Yeti 575 when it is a lot closer to just being a lighter version of the Gemini, just like the Superlight was a lighter version of the Heckler..
    If anything it may look a bit more like the Klein, or the Ventana x5.
    Yeah the green isn't the nicest colour going around but it doesn't change how the bike will ride.
    At least there are new Cannondale mtbs coming out in 05, not like Klein who seem to be getting dropped from mtb altogether and just producing roadbikes. Will miss those awesome paint jobs!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast