mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Anyone have a 2004 F600?

I was at my LBS today asking about the trade-in program and i was quoted about $450 for the optimo frame and $400 for super fatty dl headshok. In order to do that, i'd need to buy disc brakes, new hubs, new rims, new stem, etc. So they are selling a 2004 F600 for $1100.
    I figure that buying the frame and parts and putting them together will cost at least that, and the bike has the Avid mechs i want, XT rear, LX front, deore shifters (which i can replace with my LXs), etc. So what do you think? What did you pay for your 2004 F600? (not including any kind of discounts you got for random reasons). I figure if i just buy the F600, i'll be able to either sell my current bike or have a backup and i'll have a one year warranty on it.

Are you talking to me?

Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt719
    I was at my LBS today asking about the trade-in program and i was quoted about $450 for the optimo frame and $400 for super fatty dl headshok. In order to do that, i'd need to buy disc brakes, new hubs, new rims, new stem, etc. So they are selling a 2004 F600 for $1100.
    I figure that buying the frame and parts and putting them together will cost at least that, and the bike has the Avid mechs i want, XT rear, LX front, deore shifters (which i can replace with my LXs), etc. So what do you think? What did you pay for your 2004 F600? (not including any kind of discounts you got for random reasons). I figure if i just buy the F600, i'll be able to either sell my current bike or have a backup and i'll have a one year warranty on it.
    THe trade in program is a great option, but only if you have all of the chi-chi parts already.

Go for the F600. the 1100 sounds about right. FWIW all of Cannondale's frames now have a "Lifetime" warranty. (Gemini warranty is 3 years.)
    gfy