mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone Convert the Rush to a 96'er? How do you like it?

I have a Rush that I like a lot. But I started riding a hardtail 29'er. I am intrigued by the idea of converting the front wheel on my rush to 29. Anyone done it? How does it compare to 26/26?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hi, I did it a few times. It does help getting the front wheel over obsticles but when you put the bigger front wheel on you slacken the head angle which makes the front a little floppy going up steep hills. It's OK with that setup. I did a side by side comparison between the 69er and my F29. I have to say don't go half way either stay with the 26 or go full 29.Plus you will void your warranty if you break the frame.On the 29er is so much easier to go over rocks roots and logs. With the 69er setup the front goes over everthing easier but the rear still feels grabby on the bigger rocks and roots.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Haystack which would you prefer the F29 or the Rush if you had to choose one do it all type of bike, do it all except race.
    I'm considering a Rush. I went to the shop yesterday and the owner, who races and whose opinion I trust, is pushing really hard for me to not get a Rush and just get the F29 with a carbon Lefty. I already have the Lefty. He has always raced a Scalpel, but he said he is selling it and just racing the F29 now. He thinks it would be a mistake for me to get the Rush instead of the F29. Keep in mind, this would be my only Mtn bike, I'm not really a multiple MTn bike person anymore. I'm just looking for one do it all type of bike and he still thinks the 29 is the way to go. I'd be interested to hear what you though tof the Rush vs. the F29.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I too would like to hear the Rush vs. F29 opinion.