Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Are you talking to me?

It looks good.

Measure your angles again when the Lefty gets installed, will you? What model did you go with?
    gfy

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Measure your angles again when the Lefty gets installed, will you? What model did you go with?
    Aluminum, TPC, Ti spring. I'm like a kid 2 weeks before Christmas right now=

Devolution is real!
    This is one of my favorite superv's....

Quote Originally Posted by toyota200x
    This is one of my favorite superv's....

One? How many do you have?= Any other pics?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Anyone caught this on ebay? (Brand new Super V for sale - they were selling two!)

Hmmmm - new seller, no feedback, etc - me smells something fishy
    Last edited by Power of three; 01-24-2006 at 02:53 AM.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Well mine is still broken.
    Unfortunately I have an old DiamondBack V-Link 3 and a new 2nd hand DiamondBack Vectra hardtail to play on in the meantime so it may be some time before it's fixed.
    But...
    It will probably end up either powdercoated black or polished alloy and clear lacquer.

One day

Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy
    Well mine is still broken.
    Unfortunately I have an old DiamondBack V-Link 3 and a new 2nd hand DiamondBack Vectra hardtail to play on in the meantime so it may be some time before it's fixed.
    But...
    It will probably end up either powdercoated black or polished alloy and clear lacquer.

One day

Without plowing through the whole post to see if you already elaborated, what's broken?, and why is it unfortunate to have a backup?

mtbr member

work in progress...

bringing new life to an old frame - soon to be a six inch rig
    Attached Images Attached Images

R.I.P. DogFriend
    How much are you guys giving up for the 7.5" x 2" 5th Element Air shocks?

Regards,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    How much are you guys giving up for the 7.5" x 2" 5th Element Air shocks?

Regards,
    Jeff
    Well, I'm a shop owner, so wholesale, but on eBay these guys have been getting lucky, and snagging them for $150-$175. Which is less than I pay, darn eBarf= I was impatient, and ordered a new one, so I have no-one to blame but me!

Devolution is real!
    I don't have any other pics of the DH blue super v. It was on ebay awhile back. SOrry.

Live 2 Ride
    I'm getting ready to sell my Super V 500 if anyone is looking for a Super V to make into a 6 inch monster. I'll be putting in the classified tonight or perhaps tommorrow.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

The lefty is in place, it is done, for the most part. Final angles are HT, 69.5, ST 72. I can't wait to ride it, the intial parking lot ride was very nice feeling. Yipee!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Very Nice V

Very nice Mendon- those cross max look great on that frame. I look forward to hearing your impressions. What's that white stuff on the ground. Looks pretty cold. Enjoy your V..

Quote Originally Posted by Wick
    Very nice Mendon- those cross max look great on that frame. I look forward to hearing your impressions. What's that white stuff on the ground. Looks pretty cold. Enjoy your V..

Thanks! I think it turned out rather well too, particularly because I just bought the first XL SV I came across. I'm going to keep my eyes open for other frames though, good to have a backup, and I think there are some other very pretty colors out there. I'm riding Sunday, cold, snow, who cares, I've got Newbikeitis=

He who follows his heart.
    Hi Guys

I've just returned to the world of the Super V after a few years. First time round, I wasn't aware of how special the bike was - and it was a bit small for me anyway!

I've just bought off good ole ebay a frame classed as a 2001 Super V 1000 FR.

I'll have lots of questions in time, but to start things off, what's the difference between FR (I assume free ride?) and the SL (Super light?) models?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and thanks to Craig for pointing me in this direction.

Steve
    Last edited by Scathel; 01-28-2006 at 06:10 AM.

Uber V Cripp
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathel
    Hi Guys

I've just returned to the world of the Super V after a few years. First time round, I wasn't aware of how special the bike was - and it was a bit small for me anyway!

I'll have lots of questions in time, but to start things off, what's the difference between FR (I assume free ride?) and the SL (Super light?) models?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and thanks to Craig for pointing me in this direction.

Steve
    Post a pic when you get it in hand. SL and FR are the type of Swingarm used?? I think the FR had disc tabs?? I am sure someone will chime in with some help.

Reread the posts here and your first step will be obvious.

Uber V Cripp
    Cannondales last official Super V incarnation

"Post a pic when you get it in hand. SL and FR are the type of Swingarm used?? I think the FR had disc tabs?? I am sure someone will chime in with some help.

Reread the posts here and your first step will be obvious. "

Ta very much, and as soon as the beast arrives, I'll fire a pick up.

Having a squint at the pic above, the swing arm looks very much like a Jekyll swing arm - or is it just my old age?

Having a squint at the pic above, the swing arm looks very much like a Jekyll swing arm - or is it just my old age?[/QUOTE]

You are correct, that would be Cannondale, standing on the very, very edge of discovery, and choosing to ignore the implications= By the way, I took mine out for the maiden journey last night. My oh my, this is one sick bike. Super quiet ride (thanks Progressive) and as bottomless as can be. My buddy noticed I appeared to be more upright, but my cockpit was the same, don't quite know what to make of that, but there it is. The bike is very stable, and just devoured anything I could point it at. The numbers make the ride very much like my Prophet, but it is stiffer, and a little bit shorter wheelbase makes it a bit quicker in the tight stuff. It's like my best friend, always known eachother, but it went away to school, learned new tricks, and got a face lift to boot. Anyone who wants to try this, throw out your tribulations and jump in, these things rock!

I thought twas a Jekyll swing arm!!

I'm glad I decided not to build up the Jekyll front tri I bought and return to the Super V. The Super V I had a few years ago always got admiring glances whenever it went - can't wait to get my hands on a Jekyll swing arm and attack the mounting.....

What do people do about painting the new surface once the mounting has been ground?

And, will anyone be brave enough to attempt a claim to Cannondale if the frame becomes faulty
    Last edited by Scathel; 01-30-2006 at 06:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Hi Guys

Steve
    Although the seller may have bought the bike in '01, there were no FR models that year. It is probably a '98 or '99. Post the pic and I'll let you know. If it was produced after '99, then it probably already has the correct swingarm on it. If it is a '99, then no cutting will be necessary, just a new swingarm. If it is a '98, then you may need to cut the tabs and replace the swingarm to get to 6". There are other options too as this makes a great 4.5" bike as well.

If you want to paint the cut tabs, just visit your local autoparts store for some touch-up paint.

As per the warranty, kiss it goodbye and take solice in the fact that these frames seem indestructible.

I did take a look and could find no FR's built in 2001.

Here is a link to the image of the frame listed on ebay

The swing arm is the older type, with the arm mounting on the side of the pivot arm, as opposed to being on top of the pivot arm.

mtbr member
    I did take a look and could find no FR's built in 2001.

Here is a link to the image of the frame listed on ebay

The swing arm is the older type, with the arm mounting on the side of the pivot arm, as opposed to being on top of the pivot arm.
    Good news - it's a '99 so no frame mod is necessary, just a new swingarm and shock to get 6" travel. With the current swingarm it is a 4.5" frame in need of some new suspension technology. A taller fork is also in order to slacken the HT to a comfortable postion and raise the BB. Congrats!

mtbr member
    Can you provide the auction link or item number? I'm looking but can't find it. I'm curious why I never saw this one come up.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast